Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving to north cyprus

Thinking of moving to north cyprus

Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all
Default Re: Thinking of moving to north cyprus

in the north they deliver all babies by c section xx

Last edited by lobby lou; Sep 12th 2008 at 6:49 am.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lobby lou
in the north they deliver all babies by c section xxtj
No way! That's awful, do they give you a choice?
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

nope .....c sec all the way ...glad ive had all my babies as i think its awful xx
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

nope .....c sec all the way ...glad ive had all my babies as i think its awful xx
Completely agree LobbyL. I had one in UK and one here. Although the care here was far superior than uk, afterwards your left to get on with it. No health visitors, nurses etc come to see you or the baby.

Each to their own I suppose, but glad I had the experience of the first one in the UK, otherwise I would have been very scared!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

well i had 5 in the uk 4 were like goin private due to comps after first one and im happy i had them at home xxxx

its scarry enough with out being made to have a c sec xx
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

well i had 5 in the uk 4 were like goin private due to comps after first one and im happy i had them at home xxxx

its scarry enough with out being made to have a c sec xx
The first one didn't put you off then!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

no xxxxxxxxxxxhad a blood clot after him so they treated me with kid gloves for other 4.......maybe if id had bad labours etc he would have been an only one ......wouldnt swap um though ......they are growing up now...1 prison warden ,one in buisness management,one just started her first teaching job here in ad with us,and 13,11 here at private school xxxxxreally blessed xx
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

no xxxxxxxxxxxhad a blood clot after him so they treated me with kid gloves for other 4.......maybe if id had bad labours etc he would have been an only one ......wouldnt swap um though ......they are growing up now...1 prison warden ,one in buisness management,one just started her first teaching job here in ad with us,and 13,11 here at private school xxxxxreally blessed xx
Your very lucky. I have 2 girls 7 and 2, that's enough for me! The youngest had a soft cleft palette at birth, all fixed now, but I'd be terrified having another in case there was something more serious. I'm happy with what I have. My youngest has just come out of nappies day and night (was very surprised she's only 2 yrs and 2 months), don't think I could go back to dirty nappies again!!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Elainelarkincarroll will become famous soon enoughElainelarkincarroll will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by amy_we
hi,
We've been thinking of relocating to north cyprus and are searching the internet constantly for any attractive property for sale.
so far we've come up with these 2 options, which we seem to like.

Does anyone have tips for us?
I think you need to be really careful.... Cyprus as you may know is the last countries to remain divided in "Europe" and whilst Cyprus is in the EU Turkey is not. We are now in France and considered Cyprus as an option before coming here as I grew up there in the 60/70's and I totally loved it. The north of cyprus is very contentious and whilst incredibly beautiful with lots on offer the dispute over who originally owned the land is not yet resolved. There has been recent in-roads to try to establish what will happen to property build since the separation when it is all sorted (if that ever happens) but frankly its another storm before the calm. Good luck, my advice is deal only with southern cypriot lawyers as they will be the most impartial.

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Sep 12th 2008 at 10:20 am.
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

how exactly would they be impartial????......they hate the turks and anyone wanting to purchase ...if u do ure homework north deeds are far less hided than south xxtj
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

HH sorry to here the problems with ure little girl ...so glad its all sorted out...and well done in reaching that milestone xxxxxi know have an 18 month old grandson .....lovely to spoil and then give back xxxno i love him too bits reallyxxxxxx
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Elainelarkincarroll will become famous soon enoughElainelarkincarroll will become famous soon enough

how exactly would they be impartial????......they hate the turks and anyone wanting to purchase ...if u do ure homework north deeds are far less hided than south xxtj
No homework required. As much as I love cyprus I would NEVER live there. I think you have a raw nerve about hating turks!
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

re read i dont hate turks .....personally i have only met really gr8 onesxxxx
Old Sep 12th 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Elainelarkincarroll
Good luck, my advice is deal only with southern cypriot lawyers as they will be the most impartial.
You need to be careful with the lawyers in the South as well. Ours didn't do his job properly, so how have a house with no building permit nevermind deeds!