Quiet in here

Old May 25th 2010, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of
Default Quiet in here

Blimey, No posts for a month.....

Is this a reflection of brits moving to Cyprus?

Not suprised, the cost of living is almost the same as UK

Shame. Beautiful Island.
Old May 26th 2010, 6:36 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quiet in here

Are things tough there at the moment?
Old May 26th 2010, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Are things tough there at the moment?
I think so Mitz... I was working there for the last 2 summers in hospitality, I think the tourist trade has improved, but this time last year this forum was buzzing with people wanting to live there...

C.O.L has dramatically increased but still a fantastic place to live...

But I know how difficult it is to find work in Cyprus, almost impossible infact.

Lets hope the tide turns soon.
Old May 28th 2010, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

We are finding that this year is much improved over last year.
Our business is far busier as are many associates we work with. Also there is a marked increase in the number of hire cars on the roads which suggests more tourists.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 11:19 am
Just Joined

trevez is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Quiet in here

Hi Veronica,

I see your location is 'Cyprus' i know this topic is completley different but....

is there anyway i can get to Cyprus by boat with a car? legally?

I will be staying for around 10-11 months do i have to pay anything for this?

I know this topic has nothing to do with this but its worth a try!

Thanks
Old Jun 1st 2010, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trevez
Hi Veronica,

I see your location is 'Cyprus' i know this topic is completley different but....

is there anyway i can get to Cyprus by boat with a car? legally?

I will be staying for around 10-11 months do i have to pay anything for this?

I know this topic has nothing to do with this but its worth a try!

Thanks
There are ways you can come via ferry but to be honest I don't know the routes. I'm not sure what the situation would be for keeping your car here for that length of time though without registering it here. You only have a limited time in which you can drive on foreign plates. Having said that I do know of people who have had cars on foreign plates for a long time but the police are much more vigilant about this lately and stop and check any foreign plated cars to see if they have applied for their Cyprus registration.

Regards
Veronica
Old Jun 1st 2010, 5:04 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Veronica-K
There are ways you can come via ferry but to be honest I don't know the routes. I'm not sure what the situation would be for keeping your car here for that length of time though without registering it here. You only have a limited time in which you can drive on foreign plates. Having said that I do know of people who have had cars on foreign plates for a long time but the police are much more vigilant about this lately and stop and check any foreign plated cars to see if they have applied for their Cyprus registration.

Regards
Veronica
Ive seen routes from Turkey, and Piraeus
Best type car ferries to Cyprus in google
Old Jun 1st 2010, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Ive seen routes from Turkey, and Piraeus
Best type car ferries to Cyprus in google
Piraeus would be best if coming into Southern cyprus. The ferries from Priaeus come into Limassol.
From Turkey they will go into Northern Cyprus which might cause a few problems for anyone coming over into the South.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 10:42 pm
Senior Moment

Piraeus would be best if coming into Southern cyprus. The ferries from Priaeus come into Limassol.
From Turkey they will go into Northern Cyprus which might cause a few problems for anyone coming over into the South.
Yep, aware of that, just giving the various options
Old Jun 1st 2010, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

trevez is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Quiet in here

Thanks for that, basically (not sure if you have saw my other topic?) i am coming to live in Cyprus for 1 year atarting August 2011.

I will be travelling to the University of Nicosia about 3/4 times per week soo.... will this be a problem travelling from Esentepe, Kyrenia, North Cyprus to Nicosia??

If so i will have to look for a property to let in south Cyprus! Any ideas where we could rent?? i need to travel the distance i dont mind aslong as i can take my car! but we want to be near the sea/beach for our time on the island in a less tourist place??

Thanks
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that, basically (not sure if you have saw my other topic?) i am coming to live in Cyprus for 1 year atarting August 2011.

I will be travelling to the University of Nicosia about 3/4 times per week soo.... will this be a problem travelling from Esentepe, Kyrenia, North Cyprus to Nicosia??

If so i will have to look for a property to let in south Cyprus! Any ideas where we could rent?? i need to travel the distance i dont mind aslong as i can take my car! but we want to be near the sea/beach for our time on the island in a less tourist place??

Thanks
If you are living in the North there is no problem with travelling to the South on a regular basis unless of course something happens to close the borders again.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks
If that is the case then Kyrenia is stunning.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

We are finding that this year is much improved over last year.
Our business is far busier as are many associates we work with. Also there is a marked increase in the number of hire cars on the roads which suggests more tourists.
Thats good to hear, I have heard similar things since the OP.

I`ll be back for a holiday in July.

Is that what you do V? Hire cars? Could do with a cheap deal ...

Tim
Old Jun 7th 2010, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 7immyboy
Thats good to hear, I have heard similar things since the OP.

I`ll be back for a holiday in July.

Is that what you do V? Hire cars? Could do with a cheap deal ...

Tim
No we don't hire cars, we sell property
We do have a really good contact for car hire though
Old Jun 7th 2010, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

No we don't hire cars, we sell property
We do have a really good contact for car hire though
Oh thats right, I do remember LOL...

Your based in Larnaca I think...

Could be useful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.