Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Planning Problem with the Neighbours

Planning Problem with the Neighbours

Old Jun 9th 2015, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

jinnix999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Planning Problem with the Neighbours

Hi - firstly apologies if this is not the correct section.....

I'm sure this might be a difficult issue to resolve but the new neighbours have moved in a built a very large sauna (it's like a small house, not what you would expect a sauna to look like) in their rear garden which overlooks ours and blocks out the sun. If I could attach a picture then I would. I have no knowledge of the planning regs in Cyprus but could anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can get some info? Thank you.
Old Jun 9th 2015, 5:59 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning Problem with the Neighbours

Originally Posted by jinnix999
Hi - firstly apologies if this is not the correct section.....

I'm sure this might be a difficult issue to resolve but the new neighbours have moved in a built a very large sauna (it's like a small house, not what you would expect a sauna to look like) in their rear garden which overlooks ours and blocks out the sun. If I could attach a picture then I would. I have no knowledge of the planning regs in Cyprus but could anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can get some info? Thank you.
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
I live in France and can't help, but if you post again on the Cyprus forum, the "locals" will be able to advise. In France you'd get info from the Town Hall which presumably would have given planning permission....
Old Jun 10th 2015, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

To get the info that you need there are two avenues for you. The first is ask the local Mukhtar and secondly the Citizens Advice / Sercice centre. Which area of Cyprus are you resident?
Old Jun 10th 2015, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

jinnix999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you both for your response.

We are in Limassol.
Old Jun 24th 2015, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Laura69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you checked with the planning department of your municipality?
But.. a sauna in Cyprus... these days it's enough to do some ironing for half an hour around 2 pm and the effect is the same...