Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / Cyprus

Old Jun 10th 2017, 10:18 pm   #1
Just Joined

alexa2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nformaton about schools, doctors and jobs in Cyprus

Hi, my husband and I are looking at moving to Cyprus.My husband is an electrician and I am a teacher. We have 2 children, aged 5 and 1. I wanted to have some reviews about schools,do they have the same standards/levels than in the uk? Any bi-lingual schools?
Are the doctors any good in Cyprus?easy to use/book appointment?
What would be the best place to find jobs? Is it difficult if we dont speak Cypriot? Is it easy to be self-employed/create own business in Cyprus?
Thank you.
alexa2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th 2017, 3:38 am   #2
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nformaton about schools, doctors and jobs in Cyprus

Cypriots speak Greek - well unless in the North where they speak Turkish!
Sorry, cannot help with all your other queries. Is google down today?
Old Jun 11th 2017, 6:19 am   #3
Just Joined

I know they speak Greek in Cyprus! I was only asking a question, it was just the way I worded it. No need for your unpleasant reply.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 7:04 am   #4
dmu Female
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexa2012 View Post
Hi, my husband and I are looking at moving to Cyprus.My husband is an electrician and I am a teacher. We have 2 children, aged 5 and 1. I wanted to have some reviews about schools,do they have the same standards/levels than in the uk? Any bi-lingual schools?
Are the doctors any good in Cyprus?easy to use/book appointment?
What would be the best place to find jobs? Is it difficult if we dont speak Cypriot? Is it easy to be self-employed/create own business in Cyprus?
Thank you.
Hi, if you were thinking of moving to anywhere in the EU, your children are young enough to go to the local school and pick up the language (and alphabet) in a flash. On the other hand, I've no idea about the quality of Cypriot education.
I would also consider the problem of your OH having to get his Diploma validated in Cyprus if, as I imagine, standards are different from the UK. Without this, it's likely he wouldn't be able to register as self-employed and get professional insurance.
Healthcare is another important point to research. In France, for example, if you aren't working or an OAP, you must take out private healthcare insurance until you're eligible for the State S.S.
Hope this is of help in general. Some one on the spot will come along with details concerning Cyprus.
dmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th 2017, 2:35 pm   #5
Just Joined

Default Re: information about schools, doctors and jobs in Cyprus

Thank you very much.

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Europe / Cyprus