new to Cyprus

Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new to Cyprus

Originally Posted by Carol and David
Hi Sherpa
No i think lobby lou was talking to honest H. HH. is moveing back to Nth. Ireland with her Family, As this is not instant Messageing IE. MSM it can be a day or two before you get a reply to a question with loads of people on a perticular thread at the same time it can be a bit confusing if you have not read the thread from the begining.
G, Day mate
David
It does help if people name the person who they are talking too or reply with a quote. That stops any misunderstandings
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:42 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice

Originally Posted by Carol and David
Hi Sherpa
No i think lobby lou was talking to honest H. HH. is moveing back to Nth. Ireland with her Family, As this is not instant Messageing IE. MSM it can be a day or two before you get a reply to a question with loads of people on a perticular thread at the same time it can be a bit confusing if you have not read the thread from the begining.
G, Day mate
David
Yeah gday Carol and David wasnt sure about the last post so i posted anyway through respect but with so many posts its easy to overlook etiquette.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 11:05 am
Just Joined

Carol and David is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sherpa
Yeah gday Carol and David wasnt sure about the last post so i posted anyway through respect but with so many posts its easy to overlook etiquette.
Hello Shera and Veronika
You Know i must have a sad life,
I read every new thread to to keep up to date on what is going on, So i have on hand how much for car tax, the cost to import, How much for Lets. to be honest though i dont post much, i should really, but just dont have the time to be on a lot, Couple of times a week, my weekends are just as busy mid week, Well got to go shopping with Carol now,
Catch you all later
David
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Veronica-K
It does help if people name the person who they are talking too or reply with a quote. That stops any misunderstandings
my message started HH ...........................try re reading ............
Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Veronica-K
HH where on Earth are you living?
Sounds like you are high up in the mountains or something. We have found it warmer this year than previous years with only an oil filled electirc heater on the living room at night and no need for our leccy blanket at all this year.
I do agree though that the houses are not built to the standard they should be.
If they were properly insulated they would be much cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, but a handful of builders are now catching on and actually insulating their houses.
We live 2 mins away from the beach, but because our village is in a bowl, its gets colder than other places.

Lobby, its all change with us, yes plan A is to go back in June, but with the current job situation at home, we're having to go with Plan B. Plan B is to go back home once we have jobs in place. We've both started applying for jobs, so could be anytime between now and next year. Its only sensible really.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Bouncing between Manama Bahrain and Kissonerga, Paphos
ArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really nice

Originally Posted by stevieuk1
Hi I'm Steve, I have just arrived in Cyprus and wow do i feel alone, seems like everyone is speaking russian or other languages, i don't mind but feel really out of it, i would like to meet up with anyone for a drink and make a few friends, just thought i would get straight into work but discovered its a holiday, so don't know what to do with myself right now, are there any brits or english speaking people who want to meet up, i will leave my mobile number on here in case, it's Snip, it`s not a good idea to post your number on and open forum. give me a ring
thanks steve
Hi Stevie,

I left an earlier post but I think it got pulled because I put a URL in it. Just to say that you might try the Nicosia Horrible Hash House Harriers. They are a drinking club with a running problem. Just google them. There are also a couple of Hashes around Larnaca, limassol, Happy Valley and Episkopi. It's a very laid back expat club. I haven't run with Nicosia but I do run with the Happy Valley Hash and they are a good laugh. There's also the Caledonian Club if you're Scottish? Apart from those the British expat clubs I've been to so far have been for much older retired people. I paid my 50 euro to join one locally but only use it for the library now as the members are much older than me. They are very nice, friendly, great if your idea of a wild night out is playing bingo and backgammon. I'm trying to start a working aged group for working aged expats to get to know each other so do get in touch.

Last edited by ArranLass; Jan 26th 2009 at 12:13 pm. Reason: Bad spelling