Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

MOVING TO PAPHOS

MOVING TO PAPHOS

Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

melydave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MOVING TO PAPHOS

June, thankyou, that is so reassuring and I will definitely take your thoughts on board. Cheers.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:47 am
Just Joined

sally456 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Ive read through the comments from you all and speaking through experience...i have been living in Cyprus for 2 years now with my partner. I find it a better quality of life and standard of living out here in Paphos. We bought our 3 bed villa from a company called 'Property Abroad'. They gave us alot of help and tips on investing in property in Cyprus.

In one of the comments i have read it states 'Most of the Cypriots are very rude.' - Don't you get rude people most places you go?

Before buying my villa in Cyprus i had visited Ayia Napa with my sister and her 3 year old daughter. The Cypriots couldn't leave my neice alone, they absolutely loved her! They treated us like royalty running around after us making sure we were happy with the service in their restaurant. A year after i visited Polis and Paphos. I found that Polis was one of the quieter regions in Cyprus where most of the villas were away from all the entertainment. With me being an 'older teen! (25)' i felt me and my partner were invading the Cypriots space here mainly because it's all quiet small families that live here. But not at any time in Cyprus did i find any Cypriot rude. We now live here in Paphos were the weathers hot and the bills alot less that when we lived in England!

(SNIP)

Remember theres only you that can decide your future don't let anyone else tell you different. If you want to invest in Cyprus then what's stopping you? If you don't like it you can just pack up your things and move somewhere else.

Sally
x

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 2nd 2008 at 10:23 am. Reason: Advertising removed
Old Oct 15th 2008, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sally456
Hi All,

Ive read through the comments from you all and speaking through experience...i have been living in Cyprus for 2 years now with my partner. I find it a better quality of life and standard of living out here in Paphos. We bought our 3 bed villa from a company called 'Property Abroad'. They gave us alot of help and tips on investing in property in Cyprus.

In one of the comments i have read it states 'Most of the Cypriots are very rude.' - Don't you get rude people most places you go?

Before buying my villa in Cyprus i had visited Ayia Napa with my sister and her 3 year old daughter. The Cypriots couldn't leave my neice alone, they absolutely loved her! They treated us like royalty running around after us making sure we were happy with the service in their restaurant. A year after i visited Polis and Paphos. I found that Polis was one of the quieter regions in Cyprus where most of the villas were away from all the entertainment. With me being an 'older teen! (25)' i felt me and my partner were invading the Cypriots space here mainly because it's all quiet small families that live here. But not at any time in Cyprus did i find any Cypriot rude. We now live here in Paphos were the weathers hot and the bills alot less that when we lived in England!

I'd deffinately recommend Cyprus as a place to invest in and most deffinately recommend the company 'Property Abroad' in which i bought my villa from.

Remember theres only you that can decide your future don't let anyone else tell you different. If you want to invest in Cyprus then what's stopping you? If you don't like it you can just pack up your things and move somewhere else.

Sally
x
Sally,
Very good , truthful comments which I am sure will be reassuring to many of us considering relocation to Paphos. Like you say, wherever you go in this world, you are bound to experience good and bad, after call, we Brits are not the most patient species on the planet and can be equally short tempered etc. I have to admit my experiences in Cyprus have been super ones and enjoy the Cypriot way of life, hence the reason for possible relocation, sooner rather than later, I hope. Many thanks Sally.
Regards, Wendy
Wendy
Old Oct 15th 2008, 3:47 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sally456
Hi All,

I'd deffinately recommend Cyprus as a place to invest in and most deffinately recommend the company 'Property Abroad' in which i bought my villa from.

Sally
x
Do you work for them ?
Old Oct 18th 2008, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi June,

Would you happen to know of anyone wanting to rent our their property for perhaps 6/12 months in Paphos or thereabouts. We are looking for two bedroomed, preferably in quiet area but within flat walking distance of general facilities, ie. supermarkets, shops and leisure facilities. A town house would be preferable to an apartment, although we are open minded at this stage.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

june27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: MOVING TO PAPHOS

Hi Wendy
thanks for your message I will look into it tomorrow for you as I am going out now Pegia is very Hilly so thats no good for you will look at other parts for you Take care June
Old Oct 18th 2008, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks for your response June, I shall look forward to your findings, but please do not go to a lot of trouble. Incidentally my elder daughter noticed you are a retired teacher, she reckons that could be an omen as she has just become a deputy head.
Regards
Wendy
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Hello Wendy I have been asking around for you but no luck I went into an agent I know near me and had a look at a few they had on their books but property is letting very quickly here so even if I went to see one by the time I got back to you it might have gone So they suggest you email them and she will email the ones I looked at and if there was anything you like I would go and check it out for you, that would not be a problem for me . They really need to know how much rent you want to pay you can get a 2beds for 600 Euro per month but less than that it would be a 1 Bed apt. I said you needed to be near amenities and on the flat is this because you will not have a car? I will keep my ear to the ground as there are some really nice town houses near me in fact in cul de sac which I know are rented out but you will need a car to get to the shops and down to the beach 3mins by car but uphill if walking to shops. I will enquire about charges for the ones near me they would be ideal for you on a small complex but with your own little courtyard. Also the agent said that there is generally no central heating in rented villas as people have bought them for investment and renting out but you can get very good heaters and some maybe provide for you .so will leave that with you but speak to Yvonne email [email protected] Just to say that I had my own Montessorie Nursery school in UK. I wish your daughter well in her new position it is a dedicated job working with children. take care June
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

yummymummy150 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi just wanted to say we have just moved over in a holiday let for a month
till we find what we want , think we have , just waiting for paper work , we have been planing this a long time sold in scotland in julyafter 10 days .
have a 1 bed apartment in universal we let out bought of plan 2004 its a good holiday rental so hope to keep it ., rent for a year ,then will buy again.
i did have a wobble few days before the packers came , what if! been in my last home for 20 years , you only get one life if you get the chance go for it
do resarch , all you can but only you can make it work .
very happy to be here at last
Tricia
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by june27
Hello Wendy I have been asking around for you but no luck I went into an agent I know near me and had a look at a few they had on their books but property is letting very quickly here so even if I went to see one by the time I got back to you it might have gone So they suggest you email them and she will email the ones I looked at and if there was anything you like I would go and check it out for you, that would not be a problem for me . They really need to know how much rent you want to pay you can get a 2beds for 600 Euro per month but less than that it would be a 1 Bed apt. I said you needed to be near amenities and on the flat is this because you will not have a car? I will keep my ear to the ground as there are some really nice town houses near me in fact in cul de sac which I know are rented out but you will need a car to get to the shops and down to the beach 3mins by car but uphill if walking to shops. I will enquire about charges for the ones near me they would be ideal for you on a small complex but with your own little courtyard. Also the agent said that there is generally no central heating in rented villas as people have bought them for investment and renting out but you can get very good heaters and some maybe provide for you .so will leave that with you but speak to Yvonne email [email protected] Just to say that I had my own Montessorie Nursery school in UK. I wish your daughter well in her new position it is a dedicated job working with children. take care June
June,
Very many thanks for all your efforts and findings. I will contact that agency and take things from there. I think you are quite right with regards to property going very quickly, apparently mainly due to people long term letting for the winter months. We have decided to come out in February and feel that perhaps a two bed town house would be more suitable. However we shall see.
Kindest regards
Wendy
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yummymummy150
Hi just wanted to say we have just moved over in a holiday let for a month
till we find what we want , think we have , just waiting for paper work , we have been planing this a long time sold in scotland in julyafter 10 days .
have a 1 bed apartment in universal we let out bought of plan 2004 its a good holiday rental so hope to keep it ., rent for a year ,then will buy again.
i did have a wobble few days before the packers came , what if! been in my last home for 20 years , you only get one life if you get the chance go for it
do resarch , all you can but only you can make it work .
very happy to be here at last
Tricia
Good luck to you Tricia. It is a big decision to make, but as you say, you only get one chance at life and after all, if things don't work out, you can always return.
Regards
Wendy
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 5:33 am
Just Joined

Hi Wendy its great that you are getting a lot of feed back for your move to Cyprus . I will point out that most agents are looking for 1yr let for their property but you might be lucky! The one near me is private so therefore you could do a short let and the owner Dave lives in the area so if you had problems they are there to help you so a lot to think about good luck June
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

yummymummy150 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by melydave
Good luck to you Tricia. It is a big decision to make, but as you say, you only get one chance at life and after all, if things don't work out, you can always return.
Regards
Wendy
wendy, hope all works out for you dont worry to much about rental, lots about, we have seen nice 2 beds for 500 i would think about booking a holiday apartment for a fornight or more feb is a quite time and you will get good deal, also good deals on flights if you book as soon as you can you need to see the area walk around look at bus route talk to people who live there, and never pay what its advitised at this is how we have done it and found some seem nice on paper but when you look around not so good you need to see what will work for you, A good website for info and meeting peeps is paphospeople.com
Tricia

Last edited by jdr; Oct 22nd 2008 at 11:17 am. Reason: removing url
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yummymummy150
wendy, hope all works out for you dont worry to much about rental, lots about, we have seen nice 2 beds for 500 i would think about booking a holiday apartment for a fornight or more feb is a quite time and you will get good deal, also good deals on flights if you book as soon as you can you need to see the area walk around look at bus route talk to people who live there, and never pay what its advitised at this is how we have done it and found some seem nice on paper but when you look around not so good you need to see what will work for you, A good website for info and meeting peeps is paphospeople.com
Tricia
Yes thankyou Tricia. Our intention is to come to Cyprus for a month in February, hire a car and have a good look around at various areas and possible properties. I have researched many sites including private renters and there appears to be some very reasonable rentals. What we now need to find is a cheap rental for one month, so I shall start looking tomorrow.
Regards
Wendy
Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:10 am
Just Joined

no I am not Daves wife just doing what Wendy asked me to do to ask around for a place to rent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.