Moving to Cyprus

Moving to Cyprus

Old Feb 9th 2013, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

CharlieAnn88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving to Cyprus

Hi guys

Just wondering if you could help us out,
Me (24) my mum (43) brother (22) and son (5) are moving to Cyprus on 3rd of march. My mum is going out next week to look at accommodation in paphos we have got money to help us out as due to my father passing away have sold family home and have the money to hopefully go to cyprus to start new life I have looked at schools for my son and am under the understanding that I will have to pay for him to go to an English school! Is this correct, can anyone please give out as much info as possible as this is a big and scary move for us and wanna make sure we do it correctly I.e visas ect... We understand finding work maybe difficult but hopefully with me and brother being young we can find work quickly. Any information would be truly grateful

Thanks
Old Feb 9th 2013, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Cyprus

You don't have to send your son to a private school if you don't wish. He is young enough to adapt and integrate into a local school.
The local children don't start school until they are 6 and if you send your son for Greek lessons before he starts school he will be halfway there to integration.
Many children start local school with absolutely no Greek at all and although it will hold them up in their education while they learn to speak greek they tend to do Ok.
You will probably find that for the first year or two he will need extra tuition outside school hours to keep up with the Greek speaking children but it will be a lot less expensive than private schooling and he won't need it for long if he is a good student.
Old Feb 9th 2013, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

CharlieAnn88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Cyprus

Originally Posted by Veronica-K
You don't have to send your son to a private school if you don't wish. He is young enough to adapt and integrate into a local school.
The local children don't start school until they are 6 and if you send your son for Greek lessons before he starts school he will be halfway there to integration.
Many children start local school with absolutely no Greek at all and although it will hold them up in their education while they learn to speak greek they tend to do Ok.
You will probably find that for the first year or two he will need extra tuition outside school hours to keep up with the Greek speaking children but it will be a lot less expensive than private schooling and he won't need it for long if he is a good student.
Thanks didn't know they didn't start till there six that's great I will look into it x