Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Moving from Cyprus

Moving from Cyprus

Old Oct 30th 2007, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from Cyprus

Has anybody got advice for someone who has moved from Cyprus using a local well known removal firm and insurance company with making successful claims for badly damaged and missing goods? I'd love to hear of how they managed to be successful with their claims! My experience has so far been.....er rather negative.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

andy-cyprus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving from Cyprus

hi derek,

my mate used this company in Limassol for their move-out of cyprus and had no trouble as far as i know.

i cant send you contacts here - just pm me and i will give you a number.

Andy
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by andy-cyprus
hi derek,

my mate used this company in Limassol for their move-out of cyprus and had no trouble as far as i know.

i cant send you contacts here - just pm me and i will give you a number.

Andy
Thanks Andy, I used a certain company and am having problems getting my claims resolved. Short of taking legal action I seem to have reached an impasse! They just go round in circles and it passes from one agent to the other and no one takes responsibility for missing boxes or shattered goods.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 6:19 am
Just Joined

andy-cyprus is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Moving from Cyprus

blimy man!

is it obvious thay have caused the damage? or are we not speaking about damages?
Old Oct 31st 2007, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by andy-cyprus
blimy man!

is it obvious thay have caused the damage? or are we not speaking about damages?
Well, the agent in Australia took delivery of all the boxes but one was missing on delivery to me and they cant find it!
Then the first box I opened in front of them everything in it was completely shattered! I could hardly believe it as the box did not appear to be damaged. Nobody will take responsibility for any of this. There was other damage of odds and sods in the other boxes which is to be expected but these particular ones seem exceptional to me. If they lose a box in their own hands surely they must accept responsibilty for it? And if everything is completely shattered it cant have been packed or handled correctly?
They just pass me around and try to claim that its someone elses responsibilty or ignor it completely.
Old Nov 6th 2007, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Can you let me know who it was, so I don't use them to move me back?