Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

moving to cyprus

moving to cyprus

Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

wardle 1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile moving to cyprus

me and my wife,recently got married in cyprus and we are thinking of living there,we have been scouring the internet to no avail,we would be grateful for any information regarding finding where to look for work i am a groundworker in civil engineering ,and my wife is an human resources assistant,we would be grateful if anyone could provide us with any links, ideas or infomation on this subject.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Darada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to cyprus

Hi
The best place to look for work is "Cyprus weekly" - english newspaper http://www.cyprusweekly.com.cy/.
Also you can find several cypriot HR agencies, but they operate stone age methods
If you will need any help to find accomodation out here, I can help you
Old Aug 20th 2007, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: moving to cyprus

Hi,

Thanks for the link we will follow that up. We will let you know how we get on. If we need any help with accommodation then we will contact you again.

Thanks.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:41 am
Just Joined

we are coming over in april to do a recce,so i will probably be in touch with you about some accomodation.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

You are welcome.
Feel free to contact me anytime you need . My mob. <<snip>> Anna

Last edited by Sue; Aug 29th 2007 at 1:23 pm. Reason: It is not wise to post your phone number on public forum
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:09 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Darada
You are welcome.
Feel free to contact me anytime you need . My mob. <<snip>> Anna
Have you read rule 5 ? SITE RULES
Old Aug 26th 2007, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

I'am sorry, I did not reed the rules...
But I have read now
Old Aug 26th 2007, 7:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I'am sorry, I did not reed the rules...
But I have read now
Its just in case you end up getting strange calls, as anybody can read the number ;-))
Old Aug 29th 2007, 7:59 am
Just Joined

www.jobincyprus.com
Old Aug 29th 2007, 5:51 pm
Just Joined

thanks for that i will check it out.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Wardle,

Try looking at GRS recuritment. They'll have a few HR jobs. Not sure about civil engineering though. I know there are a lot of engineering jobs around Dubai if your willing to travel a bit.

Good luck
Old Oct 11th 2007, 10:42 am
SGT
Just Joined

SGT is an unknown quantity at this point

DARADA.

New to this site. But, interested in coming to Cyprus/look around for Project Management opportunity, commercial or housing.

ITMT, can you suggest temporary housing for one/non-smoking-daily runner (and all that. Think HHH)
Old Oct 12th 2007, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there, welcome.

For accommodation for one, you'll have oceans to choose from. You should be able to get an apartment for around 200 to 300cyp per month. If your into running, then as a suggestion, I'd look somewhere around Mackenzie area (if its Larnaca that you are looking at moving to). There is a lovely beach there with hard sand, lots of people use it for running on. There's a few gyms round the beach area as well.

There are lots of agents around, just do a search in the tinterweb!!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

nunny is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: moving to cyprus

hi everyone my husband and i are thinking of buying a bar in cyprus. has anybody had any expirience in doing this. we know it will be very hard work but we are determined to do it. any advice would be grateful. kind regards
nunny:
Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nunny
hi everyone my husband and i are thinking of buying a bar in cyprus. has anybody had any expirience in doing this. we know it will be very hard work but we are determined to do it. any advice would be grateful. kind regards
nunny:

Hi Nunny,

I don't have any experience in this line of work, but I do know someone who has.

Hard work is an understatement!! Are you and your husband on your own?

My friends hardly see each other at all now, if one is at home the other is working and vice versa. I suppose they would find it easier if they didn't have kids to look after as well!!

Not that I have experience of this, but one thing that my friends have said is that they should have done alot more research into the place that they have got. Location is the key and their bar is kind of out of it a little, so they have to try really hard to attract customers.

Also, try and get somewhere with all year round clients, napa tends to close in the winter so trade goes down.

Good luck in finding a place, its all very exciting for you.

Keep posting with any questions!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.