Reload this Page >

Minimum Wage Rate in Cyprus

Minimum Wage Rate in Cyprus

Old Feb 1st 2009, 3:29 am
Just Joined

email1405 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Minimum Wage Rate in Cyprus

Hi,

I am doing some research in bringing some business to Cyprus where I will want to hire native English speaking people who would want to make some extra money while living in Cyprus. The kind of work would be basically book-keeping like Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables. Previous experience would be of advantage but not necessary as training would be provided. Could you please tell me what is the going minimum weekly/monthly wage rate for clerical jobs?

Other question is, are there enough native English expatriates in Cyprus to expect a good response?

Could someone tell me where would be the highest concentration of British expats living in Cyprus. I think this is where probably I would find a good pool of native English speaking who would be also looking to make some extra money by the side.

Your response would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ab Digan
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Minimum Wage Rate in Cyprus

Originally Posted by email1405
Hi,

I am doing some research in bringing some business to Cyprus where I will want to hire native English speaking people who would want to make some extra money while living in Cyprus. The kind of work would be basically book-keeping like Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables. Previous experience would be of advantage but not necessary as training would be provided. Could you please tell me what is the going minimum weekly/monthly wage rate for clerical jobs?

Other question is, are there enough native English expatriates in Cyprus to expect a good response?

Could someone tell me where would be the highest concentration of British expats living in Cyprus. I think this is where probably I would find a good pool of native English speaking who would be also looking to make some extra money by the side.

Thank you.

Ab Digan
By no means am i qualified to answer but YES!! Paphos is the place to be for Expats, I`m moving there from UK early March as i expect thousands more will be. Min wage has to be 8-900 euro`s a month unless i am corrected otherwise for a standard working week..

Let me know how this goes as i think we could help each other

Tim
Old Feb 10th 2009, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

dalaney is an unknown quantity at this point

Minimum wage in Cyprus!!!!!!!!!!!!, what ever they can get away with
Old Feb 13th 2009, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Minimum wage is a joke here, i got 400cyp for working a 54 hours a week!!

There are plenty of expats all over the island. Paralimini has a large population of english natives, as does Larnaca and Limassol.

Try targeting areas around private English schools. There are lots of Mums who are unable to work because of the lack of child care, but would gladly work for a bit of extra cash if they could. Part time jobs just don't exist.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

dalaney is an unknown quantity at this point

Your right there!

there is part time work if you don't mind working unsociable hours and for a pittance.
I worked part time for 3 months and eventually didn't get paid anything just lots of promises.

Ive been looking for a decent job for 2 years.

If as a company you offer a reasonable wage with good hours then people will jump at your job offer!
Old Feb 14th 2009, 6:39 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice

Originally Posted by 7immyboy
By no means am i qualified to answer but YES!! Paphos is the place to be for Expats, I`m moving there from UK early March as i expect thousands more will be. Min wage has to be 8-900 euro`s a month unless i am corrected otherwise for a standard working week..

Let me know how this goes as i think we could help each other

Tim
Although i dont live on cyprus my family do have property there so i could decide to go live there oneday but have no idea of the cost of living but as youve mentioned that the min wage is around 850 euro's if that is the case how well could you live on that amount ?
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sherpa
Although i dont live on cyprus my family do have property there so i could decide to go live there oneday but have no idea of the cost of living but as youve mentioned that the min wage is around 850 euro's if that is the case how well could you live on that amount ?
Not very! but i have an accomplish, so with the two of us, we should be fine maybe 4-500 a month over each to live a simplistic lifestyle. No frills but thats just fine
Old Feb 20th 2009, 4:28 am
Just Joined

KBeast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by email1405
Hi,

Thank you.

Ab Digan
I believe the best place to find ex-pat workers would be Paphos, many English desperate for decent wage and working conditions here. It is true that the Cypriots will pay as little as they can get away with, it's definitely one rule for them an another for everyone else. There is a legal minimum wage here but it only applies to Cypriots. Most jobs have very low wages for foriengers. Plus it's hard to get jobs in local businesses if you don't speak Greek. I would advise anyone thinking about moving to Cyprus to start a business to think again, the locals don't like foriengers owning businesses and will do all they can to make your life difficult, which is why so many ex-pats are leaving.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Lawrence83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Minimum Wage Rate in Cyprus

me & my wife would be interested in a job offer..
Old Mar 26th 2009, 5:07 am
Banned

Sherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really niceSherpa is just really nice

Originally Posted by KBeast
I believe the best place to find ex-pat workers would be Paphos, many English desperate for decent wage and working conditions here. It is true that the Cypriots will pay as little as they can get away with, it's definitely one rule for them an another for everyone else. There is a legal minimum wage here but it only applies to Cypriots. Most jobs have very low wages for foriengers. Plus it's hard to get jobs in local businesses if you don't speak Greek. I would advise anyone thinking about moving to Cyprus to start a business to think again, the locals don't like foriengers owning businesses and will do all they can to make your life difficult, which is why so many ex-pats are leaving.

Depends on what your business is and how competitive you are because everybody likes a good deal even the greek cypriots
Old Mar 26th 2009, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Lawrence83 is an unknown quantity at this point

i was referring to the (possible) job offer by the OP
Old Apr 12th 2009, 12:58 am
Just Joined

prodeji is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dalaney
Your right there!

there is part time work if you don't mind working unsociable hours and for a pittance.
I worked part time for 3 months and eventually didn't get paid anything just lots of promises.

Ive been looking for a decent job for 2 years.

If as a company you offer a reasonable wage with good hours then people will jump at your job offer!
wow thats kinda daunting
Old Apr 13th 2009, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Fictionista is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think that you will have any problems finding native British speakers wanting to earn some extra money. Cyprus is really expensive now given the exchange rate and many of us are struggling so just post an ad when you are ready and I bet you will not believe the response. Paphos has a huge ex-pat population
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:26 am
Banned

Umpatan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Honest_H
Minimum wage is a joke here, i got 400cyp for working a 54 hours a week!!

There are plenty of expats all over the island. Paralimini has a large population of english natives, as does Larnaca and Limassol.

Try targeting areas around private English schools. There are lots of Mums who are unable to work because of the lack of child care, but would gladly work for a bit of extra cash if they could. Part time jobs just don't exist.
Now is that 400 Cypress Pounds weekly or biweekly? I know that the Cypress pound is stronger than the British Pound, so it might still be decent money.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Umpatan
Now is that 400 Cypress Pounds weekly or biweekly? I know that the Cypress pound is stronger than the British Pound, so it might still be decent money.
Umpatan, that was my monthly salary! I wish it had of been weekly!!

That was a few years ago now, the Cyp pound no longer exists, its all euro's now.

What seems to be happening is, that people are still using the Cyp pound to do conversions. So, people import goods into Cyprus, use the GBP price, then convert to old CPY pound and then to Euro. What should be happening is a straight conversion from GBP to Euro. This is whats making things so expensive.

The salaries haven't really gone up any to compensate. Everyone is finding the island very expensive now for holidays and for general living.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.