Reload this Page >

Long Term rental advice required

Long Term rental advice required

Old May 9th 2013, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

JoanneB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Long Term rental advice required

Hi,

I have two properties (one two bedroom townhouse and a one bedroom penthouse) both in Argaka, Polis which I want to place on long term let. I have read that you should be careful with agents in regard to renting (they do not carry out sufficient background checks etc and are just more out for their commission). Is that the case, or could anyone recommend an agent?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Jo
Old May 9th 2013, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Long Term rental advice required

Originally Posted by JoanneB
Hi,

I have two properties (one two bedroom townhouse and a one bedroom penthouse) both in Argaka, Polis which I want to place on long term let. I have read that you should be careful with agents in regard to renting (they do not carry out sufficient background checks etc and are just more out for their commission). Is that the case, or could anyone recommend an agent?

Jo
Hi this is the link to the Cyprus Real Estate Agents Association. Bona Fide Estate Agents must belong to this association http://skekcyprus.com/en/

They will advise you better, and you will know you have an Estate Agent that belongs to a credible association.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 12:09 pm
Banned

Worldlywanderer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Jo
As a landlord of many years experience I have two pieces of advice:
Let only to those you have met and assessed yourself. Your opinion is at least as good as that of any agent. Background checks are unlikely to uncover the real nasties as they know the tricks to hide their tracks. If you want the profit from successful lettings you must be prepared to make the effort.

Only let if you can manage the property yourself. Agents manage properties for profit. They are, rightly, concerned about their reputation first. When it comes to deciding what must be spent to satisfy a tenant's demands they will err on the side of caution only in so far as suits their business needs. This is not an attack on reputable agents of whom there are many but recognition that the cot of employing a property manager (agent) is not always consistent with achieving a return on one's property.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 8:58 am
Just Joined

jessyt is an unknown quantity at this point

There's no such thing at background check in Cyprus. Not the proper way of doing it, anyways.

How I see it, there are two types of landlords. Those who care about their property, and those who care about their monthly income alone. Which type are you?
Rent to couples or young families. They are less likely to distroy your properties. Speak with them and ask them about how they feel about the place, area and why would they want to move there. Ask for more input, this way you may get an idea about them.

If you still need another good experienced realtor, send me a message and I will recommend you somebody in Pafos area.

Sincerely,
Jessy.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 11:48 am
Just Joined

frankduck is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Jo
Hi I know this is a long shot but have just seen your add we are looking to rent somewere in paphos in a few weeks time. As we are looking to move there, we are looking to rent for about 6 months. We are happy to meet up with you and talk if they are still available for rent.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frankduck
Hi I know this is a long shot but have just seen your add we are looking to rent somewere in paphos in a few weeks time. As we are looking to move there, we are looking to rent for about 6 months. We are happy to meet up with you and talk if they are still available for rent.
If you want to be in the Paphos area properties in Argaka may not suit as it about 40 mins drive to Paphos from Argaka.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 10:51 am
Just Joined

frankduck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Veronica-K
If you want to be in the Paphos area properties in Argaka may not suit as it about 40 mins drive to Paphos from Argaka.
Hi Thanks for your e-mail.
as its a long way off I will give it a miss thank you once again
sylvie
Old Feb 4th 2014, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Canyon is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure your lease/rental agreement is drawn up properly, if it isn't your tenants can walk away if and when it suits them.