Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Law relating to Children - Cyprus/UK

Law relating to Children - Cyprus/UK

Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

USAwife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Law relating to Children - Cyprus/UK

Hello, I'm gathering some information for my brother who is a UK citizen living in Cyprus. He is married to a UK citizen and they have a child who was born in Cyprus.

6 weeks ago his wife and son (age 2) went to England to visit relatives. He knew she was going for the visit but she had said she was only going for 2 weeks. She has now said that she's happier in England and using the delightful facebook announced that she is now single. My brother visited a solicitor today who said that there's nothing he can do through the Cypriot legal system unless his wife brings his son back to Cyprus. He was told he would have to contact an English solicitor to start any proceedings. He's contacting a few more solicitors to get some more advice but if anyone in this forum has any advice/experience or knowledge it will be gratefully received.

Last edited by USAwife; Feb 28th 2012 at 3:56 pm.