Reload this Page >

Info needed! :-)

Info needed! :-)

Old Aug 13th 2012, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Pathfinder1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Info needed! :-)

Hi guys,
My bf and I are thinking about moving to Cyprus next year.
We have been a few times and like what we see, but could really use some advise on how to begin the process, where is the best place to settle baring in mind we are in our lates twenties so will need to also find work.
We are thinking about renting before we commit to buy a house.
What documentation do we need? Info on taking four dogs? Etc
We like the protaras area.
Any info you have would be great, thanks.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info needed! :-)

My worry is you will end up like so many Brits who move to Cyprus with their pets in tow, can't find jobs and end up going back to the Uk broke. These people often find they can't afford to take their dogs or cats back with them and end up throwing them out to join the ranks of stray to get run over or poisoned.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys. Will take a look at that site.
We are planning on renting for 6 months to make sure we have work before spending all our money.
As far as the dogs go, if we had to spend £5000 to get them back to the uk then we would do it. They are family and most def would not be abandoned there at any cost.
:-)
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pathfinder1
Thanks guys. Will take a look at that site.
We are planning on renting for 6 months to make sure we have work before spending all our money.
As far as the dogs go, if we had to spend £5000 to get them back to the uk then we would do it. They are family and most def would not be abandoned there at any cost.
:-)
I'm glad to hear that My advice is to make sure that you have enough money put to one side for airfares for yourselves and your animals in case things don't work out here.
Why have you chosen Protoras? What sort of work would you be looking for?
The reason I ask is because that side of the island just about closes down for 4 months of every year so jobs are very seasonal.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

We are looking more towards Limassol or paphos now for that very reason. We just prefer the less towns areas.
We are trying to keep as much money aside as possible from now so we don't end up stranded.
Have you lived there? And if so what was your experience?
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes we live in the Paphos area and have lived here for 8 years.
We don't regret the move for one minute but we have a business which supplements our very small pensions until our state pensions kick in so don't have to worry about the job situation.
You will certainly have a better chance of jobs in the Limassol and Paphos areas but Limassol is more expensive for rental properties as it is the commercial centre of the island and there are a lot of offshore companies operating there.
There are many small villages in the Paphos and Limassol areas which are in easy commute distance so you can live in a quiet village while working in town.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

taz60-annie62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Reasonable income required p/m

We are seriously looking to move from Egypt (been here 6 yrs) and relocate to Cyprus. My hubby is a master scuba diving instructor so hopefully he will find work. However we will base our financial situation purely on our guaranteed known income which are the wife's pensions. We will look to rent and our other expenses will the the normal (food utilities etc). Is it possible to be fairly comfortable on apprx. 1000UK per month. Would appreciate any advice.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Reasonable income required p/m

Originally Posted by taz60-annie62
We are seriously looking to move from Egypt (been here 6 yrs) and relocate to Cyprus. My hubby is a master scuba diving instructor so hopefully he will find work. However we will base our financial situation purely on our guaranteed known income which are the wife's pensions. We will look to rent and our other expenses will the the normal (food utilities etc). Is it possible to be fairly comfortable on apprx. 1000UK per month. Would appreciate any advice.
On an income of around 1.200euros with rent to pay you would need some supplementary income to be really comforable.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

taz60-annie62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that - much appreciated - just getting my 'head' round this type of site - never used anything like this before before. Trying to understand all the links etc, x