Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

I`m moving to CYprus too!! help me !!

View Poll Results: For all year round work and stability.. Larnaca/Pafos/Limassol
Larnaca
100.00%
Pafos
0%
Limassol
0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

I`m moving to CYprus too!! help me !!

Old Feb 10th 2009, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

dalaney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I`m moving to CYprus too!! help me !!

Hi

I wouldn't look at Larnaca
We been here 2 years and there aren't many people our age, plus job market is limited. It doesn't shut down in winter tho.

Ayia napa is dead in the winter and is fine if you looking for a summer tourist job but wouldn't recomend it for long term.

Limassol seems to have the most jobs adverts in the papers and in hind sight think we should have gone there.

Don't know about Paphos other than I thought that was Gods waiting room
Old Feb 10th 2009, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Not much of a poll when its closed after only one vote.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Veronica-K
Not much of a poll when its closed after only one vote.
I know!!!

It was open for ages and it closed LOL...

AARRGGHH Flying on 1st march, have a flight booked for Paphos and accom but can change it!!

Really dont know where to go still!!!

HELP
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of7immyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dalaney
Hi

I wouldn't look at Larnaca
We been here 2 years and there aren't many people our age, plus job market is limited. It doesn't shut down in winter tho.

Ayia napa is dead in the winter and is fine if you looking for a summer tourist job but wouldn't recomend it for long term.

Limassol seems to have the most jobs adverts in the papers and in hind sight think we should have gone there.

Don't know about Paphos other than I thought that was Gods waiting room

So u reckon Limmasol??? someone tell me what to do ...LOL
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 7immyboy
So u reckon Limmasol??? someone tell me what to do ...LOL
timmy that is only 1 opinion, read back through the threadand you rememberwhy you decided on Paphos.
You can always move to Limassol later if paphos dosnt work out. Its only 45 minutes away so you can hunt for jobs there as well as in Paphos. Just rent for one month initially until you know where you are going to be working.
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Veronica-K
timmy that is only 1 opinion, read back through the threadand you rememberwhy you decided on Paphos.
You can always move to Limassol later if paphos dosnt work out. Its only 45 minutes away so you can hunt for jobs there as well as in Paphos. Just rent for one month initially until you know where you are going to be working.
Thanks VK, that is the sensible option, tired of chopping and changing..

Will leave it as it is Thanks, needed grounding LOL

xxx
Old Feb 10th 2009, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

dalaney is an unknown quantity at this point

Timmy didn't mean to confuse. We don't go to Paphos so don't know what it is really like. the Gods waiting room is just a joke we have here in Larnaca.

Veronica is right, get a short term rental and see how you get on in Paphos. Limassol is always an option if it doesnt work there.

Best of luck
Old Feb 10th 2009, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dalaney
Timmy didn't mean to confuse. We don't go to Paphos so don't know what it is really like. the Gods waiting room is just a joke we have here in Larnaca.

Veronica is right, get a short term rental and see how you get on in Paphos. Limassol is always an option if it doesnt work there.

Best of luck
Your alright mate, all input and oppinions are valid and welcome!!

Cheers

And if any one knows how to spell oppinions?..hhmm methinks its Opinions?..
Old Feb 10th 2009, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 7immyboy
Your alright mate, all input and oppinions are valid and welcome!!

Cheers

And if any one knows how to spell oppinions?..hhmm methinks its Opinions?..
Yup its opinions
Old Feb 27th 2009, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

cassie70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I`m moving to CYprus too!! help me !! more İnfo

Hi All & Tim

Good on you boy I have lived in Cyprus for 15years however ı have been away working for a big multinational company in Asia but now i also would like to come back and would be so very very grateful to anyone with information regarding jobs & accommodation.

I have extensive experience in most sectors of business i speak conversational Greek & Turkish but ı am British parents Irısh actually.

So i would totally appreciate all the help ı can get & Tim keep us updated with your life journey and i wish you the best hope you have some good people around you to help you as it does make the burden of doing it alone easier.

cheers all.lolx
Old Feb 27th 2009, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi Cassie,
Accomodation isnt a problem as there are now so many properties for rent(if you want to rent) and if you want to buy there are many resales which the owners are now willing to take offers on if they are going back to the Uk as the exchange rate of euro to sterling is so good right now.
jobs are not so easy at the moment though, but of course it does depend on your skills. There are now so many people out of work in Cyprus due to the fall in property sales and tourism that you need to have something special to offer.
Which area would you be looking at and what sort of jobs would you be looking for?

regards Veronica
Old Feb 27th 2009, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

cassie70 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Veronica

I would preferably like to rent or share, i have variable work experience i was a senior manager for a department catering for tourists in a chain of 5* resorts i was also a PA and i recently took my diploma for teaching english which i am currently doing.

I have also worked in real estate as well its just a matter of having contacts and not what you know but who you know as i am sure you are aware about in Cyprus.

Like i said before i would be so grateful for any information or leads that could cater my coming back easier.

Thank you for the info totally appreciated.

Rgds

Cassie
Old May 5th 2009, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

liliand is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: I`m moving to CYprus too!! help me !!

Great post ArranLass - extremely useful info.

As retirees, we're interested in the Tax and Health requirements for retiring to Cyprus - any comments by anyone out there?
Thanks in advance, Lilian
Old May 5th 2009, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

.Princess. is an unknown quantity at this point

HEY!

Im moving out to Pathos in March too - I guess your going 2010??
Anyways, apart from finding this thread the most helpful yet - Id like to know who you booked with -

See my story goes, Me and a friend are flying out in Sept / Oct to for a few weeks, basic holiday package to go and speak to agencies, check out rentals etc, but are having a nightmare job.

We know what we want but cant find anyne to give us what we want - try adding a sea view, AI or an extra bedroom, when I tell them no they hang up!!!! (Teletext Holidays by the way!)

So yeah, where are you staying and who did you book with!?

Thanks! Laura x

PS - already weeing myself with excitment and still 10 months to go!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 5th 2009, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

liliand is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: I`m moving to CYprus too!! help me !!

Hi,
I think you just have to book a regular hotel or BB / guesthouse room, and look around when you get there. Its far easier to see and get what you what on the ground in the country! Telephone calls that are easily misunderstood are sooooooo expensive!!
Just book something cheap online, same with flights - have reserves to be able to reverse out of there too!
Good luck. We shall do the same come the aurumn in the UK when we feel cold enough to leave for Cyprus!
Lilian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.