Help !

Old Feb 6th 2013, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

pinky and peanut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help !

My wife and I are planning on a temp move to Pathos for 3-6 mths to see if we can make it work, I am a little worried about finding work for us both, we are in our mid 50s I'm a petrol tanker driver and the misses was a Tesco home shopping delivery driver. Do you think we would be able to find work at our age please, if so realistcally how long would you estimate ?
Many Thanks

Last edited by pinky and peanut; Feb 6th 2013 at 3:41 pm. Reason: spelling mistake
Old Feb 6th 2013, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help !

Hi, Welcome to the forum.
It is hard to give advice without a bit more information. For example do you have a good back up fund to keep you going for a while if you don't find work?
Jobs are not easy to find as Cyprus like most other countries has suffered with the current economic climate. Although the unemployment rate is lower than countries such as spain and Greece etc it is still neverless much higher than it was a few years ago. Wages are low and many Cypriots have two jobs to make ends meet.
It is often more a matter of who you know not what you know when it comes to finding work.

If you come make sure you have a good back up fund and keep enough to one side for airfares home if you are unable to find jobs.
Old Feb 7th 2013, 11:42 am
Just Joined

pinky and peanut is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Veronica-K, Back up money is'nt really a problem, we thought that it may be an idea for me to come to Cyprus first and find employment and peanut to join me when sorted out, the problem is finding somewhere to stay in Cyprus whilst there, we have visited Pathos many times but we realise it's not really as commercial as some of the other larger towns, peanut is able to keep her job open in the UK for 3 mths which is a big help. Would placing an ad in say shop windows for work be successful I wonder ?
Old Feb 7th 2013, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Placing ads in shop windows is a waste of time here.
It is a good idea if you come for a protacted 'holiday' to see what the lie of the land is. It is good that your wife can keep her job on so if you are unable to find work here you won't have burnt all your bridges there.

Incidentally it is Paphos(Pafos) not Pathos