Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

FAMAGUSTA ?????

FAMAGUSTA ?????

Old Sep 17th 2012, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FAMAGUSTA ?????

Andy even if the borders between the North and South were closed again it would not affect anyone living in the South in any way.
As things stand at present it is easy to move between the north and south and some people who work in nicosia live in the North as property is cheaper there and commute over the borders.

As for the areas you mention, Peyia is very popular and has everything you could need as the village has a good mix of shops, tavernas, restaurants etc.
Coral bay is very very touristy, not ideal for full time living but nice to live close to it for entertainment etc.
Polis is very nice, the coast is gorgeous and we love to go there at weekends but for full time living it is still a little bit behind things when it comes to all the facilites which make life comfortable.
We find most properties we sell are in Paphos and the surrounding villages.
There are some lovely villages on the outskirts of paphos where you can get away from the toursity side of things but still close enough for everything you need.

Veronica

Last edited by Veronica-K; Sep 17th 2012 at 6:26 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

Jack999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Veronica-K
I assume that you don't actually live in Cyprus nor do you know anything about it from your answers to posts.
I dont know whats your problem but I woulnt take advice from someone who's interest is letting and selling property .. thats a conflict of interest.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

At no time have I ever touted for business on this or any other forum.
My only interest is giving accurate information. Having lived here for 8 years and being in the property business I am in a good position to give people advice unlike some people.
Your post stating that Cyprus banks have borrowed heavily from Greek banks is total nonsense as was your statement on this thread considering the original poster was not intending to live in the North.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

taz60-annie62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi BlueAndys - we are also currently deeply researching Cyprus, both north and south. Veronica-K definitely is a 'wise woman' and her views should be seriously taken on board. When I was doing some 'postings' re: info for the south of the island I was advised that the East side of the island is the 'mini state of Russia & East Europe". That put men off straight away so if I decide to opt for the south it will be the west side of the island. Hope my little input was of help
Old Sep 19th 2012, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

BLUEANDY5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jack999 Thanks for your input into this topic and it is much appreciated as is all input.
Ive taken everything on board up to now and done research on all things stated that would be of help into our decision to buy a property in Cyprus.
Veronica's input has been very helpful and not once has she mentioned her link to her property website nor has given false info to lead us away from other areas only advise.
Taz & Annie thanks for your input that we have taken on board and good luck in your search and i would be very much to see how you get on.
We have chosen to have a look at properties in Paphos,Kissonerga,Paralimni, Limassol & Larnaka and are planning on viewing them this November.
Old Sep 19th 2012, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers BlueAndy's - we both wish you well in your quest and we are sure you'll find the right house in the right location.

I was preferring the south because it's part of the EU and as I have just become a pensioner there are additional 'perks' being in a EU country, all of which are valuable factors to consider. Unfortunately renting houses, even long term, seems to be extremely expensive there as compared to the north. But who knows a nice little 2 bed property may one day appear at a reasonable rent in the south of the island and we could relocate there .

Good luck guys, Annie
Old Nov 13th 2012, 1:04 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice

Originally Posted by taz60-annie62
Cheers BlueAndy's - we both wish you well in your quest and we are sure you'll find the right house in the right location.

I was preferring the south because it's part of the EU and as I have just become a pensioner there are additional 'perks' being in a EU country, all of which are valuable factors to consider. Unfortunately renting houses, even long term, seems to be extremely expensive there as compared to the north. But who knows a nice little 2 bed property may one day appear at a reasonable rent in the south of the island and we could relocate there .

Good luck guys, Annie
I was in paralimni not to long ago, on one occasion taking a trip to potaras (excuse the spelling), I noticed quite a few very cheap appartments for rent. Me living on the out skirts of greater paralimni going in the direction towards potaras, it was a bit rural looking a few years back but I noticed new builds popping up. They had built a small but beautiful church made of a creamy granite marble look, the whole of paralimni seems to be expanding with new bigger roads being built. Although I enjoy my visits to paralimni, living there would be difficult, as its a bit too quiet.
But I guess if you have employment then that should keep you from getting bored.
I loved Nicosia, although hot in the mid day, come late afternoon and you will see many people out and about.
For me Cyprus is a wonderful place to be, If I had a job offer I would not hesitate to live there.
May I suggest you rent until youve found your feet, then possible buy when youve seen the total southern Island.
Old Nov 13th 2012, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Hi PanHandle - Yes that part is the South is very nice, but as you say if you have no work or interests to stimulate one then I could quite see boredom setting in.

What to do....that is the burning question what with rentals being high and all the EU problems. Now we have been looking at Bulgaria as an option as it's fully in EU and cost of living extremely good. The main thing is to do full research, then recce trips so a uniformed decision can be taken --- then take the leap to a new lifestyle