Reload this Page >

FAMAGUSTA ?????

FAMAGUSTA ?????

Old Jul 25th 2012, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

BLUEANDY5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FAMAGUSTA ?????

Hi all
My name is Andy and i live with my partner Julie in rainy Stockport we are both looking at buying a property in Cyprus next April 2013 and are looking at Deryneia/Paralimmi in Famagusta and would like some feedback on these areas.
We are not planning on moving until April 2014 so it gives us a year to test the waters before the big jump plus try and find work as well we will be mortgage free so would just need a wage for bills & food.
I work as an HGV driver class 2 but i carn't see many jobs over there for this and Julie works in the health care sector.
Any advice,feedback or tips would be very helpful.
Regards Andy
Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: FAMAGUSTA ?????

Be careful about buying property in North Cyprus..as this is land is disputed..that's all.
Old Jul 25th 2012, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Paracletus for your cautious word.
Ive had a look at that and Deryneia and Paralimmi are south of the Turkish controlled boarders or does that not matter and theres still unrest for settlers there ?
Old Jul 25th 2012, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Should be fine, relatively speaking as long as you are within cypriot and not turkish borders. But buying property in Cyprus can bring with it unforseen things, like sudden illegal developments. But perhaps someone in Cyprus could give better advice, I only have a holiday home there.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

I have read about them things happening.
Can i ask you how it went for you when you purchased your property as thats what we are planning on doing first is using it as a holiday home first before moving there.
Was it a smooth transaction did you view properties first and how easy was the paper work side of things ?
Sorry if im asking to many questions but i want to get all the info i can good and bad.
Regards Andy.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a particular reason you have chosen that area? I find it very harsh and unattractive compared to the West Coast. Also unless you have experienced a winter on the East coast you might be amazed at the very cold winds which blow in for at least 3 months. The East coast has far harsher winters than the West which is why most of it shuts down for 4 months after October.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Veronica
Ive read many of your post and find you very knowledgeable and helpful with your answers and its a pleasure to speak to you.
The reason we've looked there is merely because no one has mentioned that area the properties are very cheap and theres nice beaches and Agia Napa is only a few miles down the road that would provide work hopefully.
We are looking all over Cyprus apart from the Turkish run north and Famagusta area is alot cheaper for property.
We are not moving hoping to make a fortune or have a lavish living as ive read on here and other websites theres not a chance we just want slower pace of life with good weather and scenery.
Any info or tips you can pass on would be very much appreciated.
Regards Andy & Julie.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Did it occur to you that there is a reason why properties are cheaper there?
As for work, Ayia Napa is very seasonal and is one of the places which closes down in the winter.
Limassol also has nice beaches and there is a far better chance of work there.
However properties are very expensive there.
There are several new beaches being created in the Paphos area to attract more visitors and a man made reef is being created for diving.
In the Geroskipou area of Paphos a lot of work is going into creating beaches with breakwaters to prevent the imported sand from being washed away and some new beach bars.
Paphos is working hard to compete with the East coast and once the work is finished as it dosnt close down like resorts such as Ayia Napa it will certainly draw a lot more tourists.

Last edited by Veronica-K; Jul 26th 2012 at 8:29 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Veronica for your wise words i think we will give fumagusta a wide birth we was just checking it out just like any where in Cyprus we have 9 months before we are going to purchase anything so plenty of time to check other areas.
As for the weather thats one of the reasons we like Cyprus as it still has seasons so dont mind a bit a cold wind blowing for a few months or so.
Once again thanks for your advice and any more would be welcomed.
Regards Andy.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLUEANDY5
Thanks Veronica for your wise words i think we will give fumagusta a wide birth we was just checking it out just like any where in Cyprus we have 9 months before we are going to purchase anything so plenty of time to check other areas.
As for the weather thats one of the reasons we like Cyprus as it still has seasons so dont mind a bit a cold wind blowing for a few months or so.
Once again thanks for your advice and any more would be welcomed.
Regards Andy.
Hi Andy,
I think part of the point I was making is that if you need to work you will find it harder to get full time all year round work on the East coast as so many businesses there close down for 4 months.
We occassionally have to across tothe East coast with our work and in the summer it is so full of body beautfuly beach babes and hunks and lager louts and in the winter it is like a ghost town. We can never wait to get back 'home' to Paphos

Veronica
Old Jul 29th 2012, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Veronica
We have had a look at some properties in Pafos and west of Pafos up to Coral bay area and have seen a few we like and still within our budget.
Some of the areas we have looked at are Peyia, polis, pafos and coral bay we even saw a nice apartment in Limassol.
Can i ask you how long have you lived in Cyprus and how easy did you find it to adjust to living there and working and what work do you do?
Regards Andy
Old Jul 29th 2012, 7:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BLUEANDY5
Hi Veronica
We have had a look at some properties in Pafos and west of Pafos up to Coral bay area and have seen a few we like and still within our budget.
Some of the areas we have looked at are Peyia, polis, pafos and coral bay we even saw a nice apartment in Limassol.
Can i ask you how long have you lived in Cyprus and how easy did you find it to adjust to living there and working and what work do you do?
Regards Andy
Errr, her link might give you an idea
Old Sep 12th 2012, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Jack999 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would suggest to anyone considering a lifestyle involving north and south to think what impact the closure of the border or even some crossing points) would have on their life.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jack999
I would suggest to anyone considering a lifestyle involving north and south to think what impact the closure of the border or even some crossing points) would have on their life.
I assume that you don't actually live in Cyprus nor do you know anything about it from your answers to posts.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

What closures ?????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.