Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

moving to cyprus

moving to cyprus

Old Feb 25th 2017, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

jpeel10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to cyprus

hi we are considering moving to paphos from the UK we have 4 children and we plan to enroll them into state school additionally hire a home language teacher
so we can all learn Greek, we are bringing our car over from the UK and I plan to buy a van in Cyprus to start a removals / same day parcel courier service/ clearance service island wide, we will be renting and paying 12 months in advance, we have £30000 to finance our plans and living going forwards.
I'm just looking for advise from anyone who has made the move themselves, is it a good idea or are we crazy is it doable on our budget.
thanks in advance for any advice
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 7:04 pm
SGT
Just Joined

SGT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to cyprus

Would strongly suggest you come here, on your own, 1st and 'look around'. Don't just up and come. My advise. Know what you are getting into before your get into it!

If you need some help on this point, let me know. Will try and point in the correct direction. Been here 2+ years, Irish passport holder.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

jpeel10 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
we been over previously a few times I worked on the airport projects at pafos and larnaca building the new terminals so have a bit of an idea how things are over there although most of my expenses were covered by the company.
Old Mar 6th 2017, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you thought through the implications of Brexit ? I would be very cautious.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 8:59 am
Just Joined

GeorgeyA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Myself and my wife and 4 children aged 13, 10, 4 & 3 are moving to Cyprus this December. Schools are great, hospitals are also great. Once we researched and visited a few times we decided to live in Larnaca as it’s a beautiful old town but everyone is so friendly and speaks English also. Schools are also brilliant and Larnaca is local to everything and prices at every reasonable. We lived there for 6 months in 2016 and only came back to England to sort out some property issues. Now we can’t wait to move back this December to get away from the UK rat race. You can not compare the lifestyle living in the UK with 4 children to living in Cyprus. The Cypriot lifestyle is 100 times better. Also if you have 4 children you get treated so well you even get a Pancyprian card for large families and basically get discount on everything from your broadband, all the local bakeries, shops, sport shops, water and electricity. It’s a perfect country for a large family and your kids have a chance here unlike England unfortunately. If you need anything else let me know and I will see if I can help!