Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Cyprus dilemma!

Cyprus dilemma!

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

CharKT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cyprus dilemma!

Our family business has finally been given permission to start in Cyprus, therefore myself, my husband and my daughter will be moving to Cyprus in March of this year!

My daughter is 16(17 in May) and halfway through studying her AS levels at sixth form-however due to our move in the next 6 weeks she will be quitting sixth form before her may/june exams. I understand that this is a very risky move and that in doing this will interrupt any possible career moves she chooses to take in the future. We've looked at schools in Cyprus and have decided against the idea due to the £3000 a term fees that are required which my husband and i decided were far too steep. We know that our daughter would benefit highly from staying at school, but we have listened to her wishes and respect her choice

We are moving to the Peyia/Coral Bay area of Cyprus and i would be extremely grateful if anybody knew of any courses that were available around this area of Cyprus? i.e. photography, chef, that would allow Charlotte to enroll in the summer or just after?
I was also wondering if there were any full time jobs available in these areas that she could apply for to help her financially and get her out of the house?

Thank you again! :-)
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cyprus dilemma!

Originally Posted by CharKT
Our family business has finally been given permission to start in Cyprus, therefore myself, my husband and my daughter will be moving to Cyprus in March of this year!

My daughter is 16(17 in May) and halfway through studying her AS levels at sixth form-however due to our move in the next 6 weeks she will be quitting sixth form before her may/june exams. I understand that this is a very risky move and that in doing this will interrupt any possible career moves she chooses to take in the future. We've looked at schools in Cyprus and have decided against the idea due to the £3000 a term fees that are required which my husband and i decided were far too steep. We know that our daughter would benefit highly from staying at school, but we have listened to her wishes and respect her choice

We are moving to the Peyia/Coral Bay area of Cyprus and i would be extremely grateful if anybody knew of any courses that were available around this area of Cyprus? i.e. photography, chef, that would allow Charlotte to enroll in the summer or just after?
I was also wondering if there were any full time jobs available in these areas that she could apply for to help her financially and get her out of the house?

Thank you again! :-)
Jobs are not easy to find so it might not be easy for your daughter.
Isn't there someone that she can stay with in the Uk to finish her studies?
It seems such a shame to sacrifice her future job prospects when she is so close to finishing her education.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

CharKT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Veronica-K
Jobs are not easy to find so it might not be easy for your daughter.
Isn't there someone that she can stay with in the Uk to finish her studies?
It seems such a shame to sacrifice her future job prospects when she is so close to finishing her education.

Yes i know its incredibly disheartening to tear her away from her studies-but she made this choice herself and has thought long and hard about the consequences, and although we disagree with her leaving, we respect her choice; with regard to her staying in the UK, we live in Milton Keynes and have no family within the area-they all live abroad or in Yorkshire therefore staying with family would be the same as moving abroad
Old Feb 1st 2013, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice

Have you made enquiries at St Johns school in Episkopi, which is an english school.
Can't remember the distance from where your going. But it is a good school.

Old Feb 2nd 2013, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rockape
Have you made enquiries at St Johns school in Episkopi, which is an english school.
Can't remember the distance from where your going. But it is a good school.

Thats a BFES (British forces education services) school. Are non forces allowed to use it? When I went to BFES schools they were only open to forces children.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

rockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nicerockape is just really nice

I know of expats kids going there, as if it were just forces there would not be enough pupils to justify it been there.
Hope this helps.

Stan