Cyprus Bailout Update

Cyprus Bailout Update

Old Apr 11th 2013, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

goggles is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cyprus Bailout Update

Originally Posted by Steps74
Dear all
I am currently living in the UK and a British citizen.
I currently have savings in Cyprus in laiki bank. As these are British savings will I also be heavily taxed or as I am a British citizen Do I have legal rights that the government can't touch my money.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

If your savings are based in Cyprus itself you will get taxed, if in a UK branch you are safe

As an addendum you will recall I noted they will ask for more money , today they are asking for another Six billion , why ? Because its likely money left when it should not have been possible .
Old Apr 11th 2013, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

goggles is an unknown quantity at this point

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...gold-reserves/
Old Apr 12th 2013, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough

Daily cash withdrawals remain at €300. All business transactions in Cyprus under €300,000 do not now need approval. Transactions outside Cyprus lifted from €5,000 to €20,000.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 6:41 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Another 6 million euros needed to fill hole in finances. Up to E2000 can now be taken out of the country in cash.
Looks like more taxes on the wealthy and a deepening reccession to follow.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 6:42 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Correction 6 BILLION euros
Old Apr 12th 2013, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eurogroup approves Cyprus bailout.
Old Apr 12th 2013, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

ChristineBiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone give me a list of non-Cypriot banks in Cyprus? For example, are there any U.S. banks there? U.K.? I know Barclays is there but not sure of any others.
Old Apr 13th 2013, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are probably not allowed to say, as that may be classed as advertising. The moderator will have to rule on that one.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

Steps74 is an unknown quantity at this point

What's happens to overseas investors who has over €100,000euros. I presume the first €100,000 is protected what happens to the rest?
Old Apr 14th 2013, 6:45 pm
EMR
Banned

I would check that Barclays Cyprus is not just a local bank. almost a local franchise. They do operate this way in other European companies.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Individuals may now transfer up to €3,000 between domestic banks per month.

Companies may now transfer up to €50,000 domestically per month.

Individuals may transfer up to €300,000 domestically from one bank to another, but not to another bank account of the same person.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steps74
What's happens to overseas investors who has over €100,000euros. I presume the first €100,000 is protected what happens to the rest?
Looking like they will be getting a haircut between 40%-60%. Still waiting for the details.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EMR
I would check that Barclays Cyprus is not just a local bank. almost a local franchise. They do operate this way in other European companies.
Yes, you are right on this. Found that out with quick call.

Trying to find non-Cypriot banks but am having a hard time finding that info.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by zygiman
We are probably not allowed to say, as that may be classed as advertising. The moderator will have to rule on that one.
Can't understand how/why that would be classified as "advertising"? We are on an ex-pat board talking about banks and the Cyprus disaster. Surely, this is where we come for help/assistance/info from fellow ex-pats? Again, can't see how requesting info on non-Cypriot banks constitutes advertising, but if the moderator reads this, perhaps he/she could clarify? Thanks.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChristineBiz
Can't understand how/why that would be classified as "advertising"? We are on an ex-pat board talking about banks and the Cyprus disaster. Surely, this is where we come for help/assistance/info from fellow ex-pats? Again, can't see how requesting info on non-Cypriot banks constitutes advertising, but if the moderator reads this, perhaps he/she could clarify? Thanks.
There are many banks that have foreign parents in Cyprus. There are however no UK high street banks operating in Cyprus the way they do in the UK, as far as i know.

The most common banks operating in Cyprus that are not 100% Cypriot owned are from Greece. These banks operate a full service like the Cypriot banks. There are some others too, but not UK High street banks.

Is this the information you are seeking?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.