Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Current property market in Cyprus, on a stall?

Current property market in Cyprus, on a stall?

Old Dec 16th 2010, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Nick65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Current property market in Cyprus, on a stall?

Didn't know much about Cyprus mess, well not in detail, I recently watched BBC inside out
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-11734344
and The Apprentice where A.Sugar grilled a candidate for not diversifying his property portfolio in Cyprus, but that is it.

A friend told me it could be the right time to buy there, is he dreaming or has he got a point?
Old Jan 7th 2011, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Current property market in Cyprus, on a stall?

Originally Posted by Nick65
Didn't know much about Cyprus mess, well not in detail, I recently watched BBC inside out
and The Apprentice where A.Sugar grilled a candidate for not diversifying his property portfolio in Cyprus, but that is it.

A friend told me it could be the right time to buy there, is he dreaming or has he got a point?
It is a good time to buy for cash buyers. Many people who are trying to sell are unable to if they do not yet have their title deeds unless they can find a cash buyer. This means that anyone with cold cash is in a very good position to make silly offers.
We know of properties that have sold in the past few months for 100K and in some cases a lot more than that under asking price because the buyer had cash.
I would not recommend anyone buying as an investment unless they have cash, but for personal use as a retirement home etc there are now some bargains to be had in Cyprus.
Old Mar 14th 2011, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Current property market in Cyprus, on a stall?

Originally Posted by Nick65

if you are seriously thinking of purchasing a property, get the searches done properly, to see if there is a mortgage on the property. Try to get a property with title deeds, too many people have purchased properties, are waiting for their title deeds, and may lose their properties, because the developer has a mortgage on the property.