Cathy

Old Feb 20th 2015, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

camf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cathy

Hello everyone!
My husband and I are thinking of moving out to Cyprus to live. We will need medical insurance as we are early retiree's. I have had a few quotes from Bupa and the like but they are quoting ridiculous prices. I understand that we should apply for residency when we get out there and that one of the requirements is proof of comprehensive health cover so I wanted to get it sorted before we leave. However I have heard that it might be cheaper to get cover in Cyprus. Can anybody advise me?
Many thanks
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cathy

I think you will find that health insurance is much cheaper in Cyprus.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks veronica. We are moving over end of march, staying in Peyia for a couple of weeks while we find a long term rental property. Not sure which part of the south we want to settle in so we are going to take our time and try and get a feel for the island first. Anxious but excited.
Cathy
Old Mar 12th 2015, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

themajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond reputethemajor has a reputation beyond repute

There is an insurance company called ATLANTIC If you tell them that you want medical insurance purely for the residency-then they offer a very cheap one for that reason.

Sorry for the heavy typing. I was experimenting with the italics and bold.
Old Mar 13th 2015, 10:32 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that, I was going to ask if anyone knew any medical ins companies out there.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 9:21 am
Just Joined

jmcvey533 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi we are in the same position we are looking to move to Cyprus within the next year and help and advice would be helpful CAMF please keep us updated on how things go as we are following in your foot steps
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Been here 10 days and are still frantically looking for a decent long term rental. we have ruled Peyia and other parts of paphos out as we prefer Pissouri and the surrounding area.
It just has a nicer feel to it around there. The car is on route, we used Ascope shipping agent. Its due to arrive on the 15th. ANW Cars have been very helpful and they are going to handle the collection at Limassol. We are going to visit immigration on Monday to enquire about residency, so wish us luck. Will keep you posted
Cathy
Old Apr 5th 2015, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Talagirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Pissouri is proving popular with at least three other couples planning to move there this summer and I have friends who have lived there for over 30 years. A lovely village and ideally placed between Limassol and Paphos.

When you go to Immigration take your passport with you - not sure of your time scale but when you want to make an appointment they need to see it. They will give you a list of documents you need when you do go - a few minutes later you'll walk away with your A4 sized 'Yellow Slip'. It is all done by appointment - you can't just walk in and do it.
Old Apr 12th 2015, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

hi cathy how is it going ???? did you find a house ??? any problems

we are getting more excited about moving. we just want a job offer and a place that will suit us and we are on the move.
Old Apr 13th 2015, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Hi, Yes things are progressing. We are renting in Pissouri and we have made an offer on a house. The locals have been very welcoming here in Pissouri. We were invited to a local Cypriot family's house for dinner today as its Easter this weekend. They were very hospitable. Missing home and the family but I'm determined to give this a good go.
Old Apr 14th 2015, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Talagirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news Cathy and the more you join in with the local community the more enriched your life will be. We go along to most the festivities and events in the areas around where we live - always a warm welcome!
Old Jun 2nd 2015, 8:05 am
Just Joined

camf how are things going now hope you are all settled and things are going well