Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Cant find my dad !

Cant find my dad !

Old Jan 12th 2013, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Violetjane1964 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cant find my dad !

Hello...I just dont know where to look next. My father is/was British born & served in Cyprus. He returned there & lived in Kolossi Limassol Cyprus but I have never been able to find him, I dont even know if he's dead or alive. Who can I ask? Is there somewhere I can post his name in the hope that maybe one person may know anything about him? Please help me.
Old Jan 13th 2013, 5:28 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cant find my dad !

Hello there and welcome to the forum.

I cannot really answer your question, but maybe it would be a good idea to ask in the Cyprus section of the forum. Maybe someone on there might have a bright idea. You can follow the link below.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117

All the best
Old Jan 13th 2013, 5:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Violetjane1964
Hello...I just dont know where to look next. My father is/was British born & served in Cyprus. He returned there & lived in Kolossi Limassol Cyprus but I have never been able to find him, I dont even know if he's dead or alive. Who can I ask? Is there somewhere I can post his name in the hope that maybe one person may know anything about him? Please help me.
It has been done before with success.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=brady

As BakedBean has said, post a thread in the Cyprus forum with his name in the title.

Best of luck!
Old Jan 13th 2013, 2:19 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Violetjane1964
Hi and welcome to our forum.

I can't help with your query I'm afraid, but I've gone ahead and moved your thread to our Cyprus forum and maybe our members who post in this section will be able to help with tips on where you can search online etc.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

If he is alive and still living in Cyprus he may have registered with the British High commission in Nicosia in which case they might be ableto help you.
Many people do regsiter with the high commission in case of emergencies.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...ission-nicosia
Old Jan 16th 2013, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Violetjane1964 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all..i will try your suggestions...really appreciate your replies. May i also say its just so nice to know you guys are here, have no one else to talk to about it....many thanks to you all x
Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Try an ad in one of the local papers ?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough

Very difficult to trace people with the Britih High Commission, as they have to comply with the data protection act. They are not allowed to give people's contact details without their permission.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

arran29 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Cant find my dad !

Originally Posted by zygiman
Very difficult to trace people with the Britih High Commission, as they have to comply with the data protection act. They are not allowed to give people's contact details without their permission.
I spent a few months in Cyprus in 2009 and I noticed they had a newspaper for the Brits, but published there. It was kind of similar to the Daily Mail, called perhaps "Cyprus Mail." Maybe someone living there will know about it, you could advertise in that as it is geared for the British folk there and would attract the readers most likely to know your dad.
Best of luck with your search.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 6:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zygiman

Of course they can't, but they can let her dad know she is looking for him so that he can contact her.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Claire333 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry, but can't you mention his name? That might help? Someone here could have heard of him...
Old Mar 26th 2013, 2:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

The Salvation Army has a good service for tracing a missing person. It then leaves it up to the missing person whether or not they wish to be found.

Had to use them twice with a brother of mine.

Cyprus Mail.

Stating the man's name would help.