Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Best nightlife in cyprus ?

Best nightlife in cyprus ?

Old Jun 8th 2011, 1:23 am
Just Joined

andydoggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best nightlife in cyprus ?

thanks for the info fitnesschick, and thanks to all posters for info also.

fitnesschick, as you were in limmasol recently, was it busy, or was it quiet compared to a typical saturday night out in the uk ? were the numerous pubs and clubs actually teeming, or were they empty ?

im not really after the resturant/cafe experience, but rather the full on 'saturday' night experience, rowdy/mad/busy/atmospheric clubbing/pubbing, and actually being amongst drunken brits is a big bonus !, nice to have an occaisional counter to the quiet (sometimes quite dull) cypriot lifestyle, and nice to have a great night out now and again to remind one of the uk.

im maybe plumping to live nr limmasol, but what i really dont want to find is a town that is very quiet or even dead on saturday nights, and lots of pubs/clubs means nothing if they are always empty and devoid of any soul or atmosphere !, after all, i am hearing brit tourists are thin on the ground these days in cyprus.

do the cypriots let their hair down on saturday nights ?, or are they all into just cafe/resturant culture, and sipping coffee into the wee hours on a saturday night ?
do the cypriots even regard saturday nights as a party night (as in the uk) ?

on the plus side cyprus maybe has a slower pace of life and better weather, but too much of that will drive me crazy without the occaisional great saturday nights out !

cheers
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:24 am
Just Joined

fitnesschick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, well tbh was not there for that reason so didn't do the whole clubbing thing. Not sure if Limissol would be for you though, by the sounds of things....

I would say though that Napa is maybe more for you as lots of English and they like to party pretty hard there (from what I hear)

Otherwise maybe Malia, or Ibiza might be more suited??

Hopefully someone else on this forum that live there can help you...good luck :-)
Old Jun 10th 2011, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Why do people focus on bar street when they think of night life in Paphos?
There are loads of bars and also night clubs on tombs of the Kings road and in Coral Bay. Much nicer than bar street and they don't rip you off like they do on Bar Street.
People seem to think that the Harbour and bar street are the only places in paphos but these are places that most of us who live here full time avoid.

fitnesschick, Ayia Napa is certainly not the place for full time living as it is totally dead for at least four months of the year.
Limassol and Paphos are more all year round.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

fitnesschick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Veronica

In my previous message above I did mention that Ayia Napa was indeed more of a holiday destination and in my opinion Limassol or Larnaca were much more a place for living. But it seems Andy would like to party a bit harder (nothing wrong with that ) But feel it may not be the place for him for them reasons.

Although only way you will know Andy, is to try it out...which is what I have been doing and returning soon for more explorations

I did find Paphos extremely quite, when I was there even though had a local guy showing me around many different areas. But Andy the choice is yours get a car and go exploring, only you can make the decision...keep us posted please

Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:07 am
Just Joined

cheers all for comments,

looks like the island is maybe as quiet (dead ?) as i suspected.

apparently at the moment toursists are thin on the ground, and thus even in peak season places like ayia napa are pretty quiet.

i reckon permanent residents of places like limmasol/paphos/larnaca are not enough to contribute to a lively nightlife, lots of tourists are needed (rare nowadays i think ?).

the many pubs/clubs of places such as above only look even more empty when tourists are thin on the ground (seems cyprus is too far away/expensive to get to in these tough economic times, and the few brits who live there permanantly are finding it really tough to afford the basics, seems the locals price gouge/rip off the hell out of the brits).

i am really concerned about moving to cyprus permanently, and finding it a tomb, cos when/if i decide to go, its for good, i can not be bothered or have the funds to move back.

i would spend some time there as a trial run (that makes good sense), but i cannot cos i have a dog, and i aint gonna leave her for even a day in a uk kennel, she goes everywhere with me, so thats why i go to cyprus for keeps, no coming and going etc.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andydoggy
cheers all for comments,

looks like the island is maybe as quiet (dead ?) as i suspected.

apparently at the moment toursists are thin on the ground, and thus even in peak season places like ayia napa are pretty quiet.

i reckon permanent residents of places like limmasol/paphos/larnaca are not enough to contribute to a lively nightlife, lots of tourists are needed (rare nowadays i think ?).

the many pubs/clubs of places such as above only look even more empty when tourists are thin on the ground (seems cyprus is too far away/expensive to get to in these tough economic times, and the few brits who live there permanantly are finding it really tough to afford the basics, seems the locals price gouge/rip off the hell out of the brits).

i am really concerned about moving to cyprus permanently, and finding it a tomb, cos when/if i decide to go, its for good, i can not be bothered or have the funds to move back.

i would spend some time there as a trial run (that makes good sense), but i cannot cos i have a dog, and i aint gonna leave her for even a day in a uk kennel, she goes everywhere with me, so thats why i go to cyprus for keeps, no coming and going etc.
Paphos is very busy at the moment with tourists despite what some people say.
We tried to book a hotel room for a client and every decent hotel in the town was fully booked up. There is plenty of availabiltiy in the cheapo places so it shows that the tourists are the ones who appreciate quality.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Veronica-K
Paphos is very busy at the moment with tourists despite what some people say.
We tried to book a hotel room for a client and every decent hotel in the town was fully booked up. There is plenty of availabiltiy in the cheapo places so it shows that the tourists are the ones who appreciate quality.
cheers, this is good intell !

whats it like this/last saturday night in the main clubbing area

i wish some of the hotspots had live webcams !, that would be invaluable intell !, but i suppose if a club is empty it dont wanna broadcast that to the world
Old Jun 16th 2011, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough

Limassol is pumping, most of the clubs are operating at full capacity, and they are neatly re-decorated over the winter, so look real cool!