Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Banks in the Paphos region

Banks in the Paphos region

Old Apr 7th 2011, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

lovebourg is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Banks in the Paphos region

Can anyone let me know if there are any British banks in the Paphos area.
I have searched but can't find any, if not has anyone got a bank that they would recommend please?

Many Thanks

Soo & Ray
UK
Old Apr 8th 2011, 4:14 am
Just Joined

Cleo-Shahateet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Banks in the Paphos region

I have used Bank of Cyprus for years and we are happy with it. Many of my customers also use their services. The staff speak English well and are very helpful. We go the the branch by the Paphos courthouse in town. The website is below.

http://www.bankofcyprus.com/
Old Apr 8th 2011, 4:30 am
Just Joined

Cleo-Shahateet is an unknown quantity at this point

We have used Bank of Cyprus for years and we are very happy with them. Quite a few of my customers also use them. We go to the Courthouse branch in Paphos town. Everyone speaks English and they are always very helpful.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough

Barclays Bank and Lloyds International have a prescence on the island, but they do not operate in the same way as in the UK, as clearing banks. I would opt for Bank of Cyprus or Marfin Bank ( Laiki Bank ) as they seem to be the strongest financially, also have a wide network of branches.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

we use the Marfin(Laiki Bank) The branch by the courts is the main branch and they are extremely helpful there.
We usually take our clients there and they are always very happy with the service.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

The Bank of Cyprus and Marfin ( Laiki Bank ) also have an International Business Unit (IBU). This is a useful service for people who are not resident in Cyprus but need a bank account. They have special depts for this service, so you are not involved with people going about their daily business.
I opened an account online before going to Cyprus, probably have the same service now still.
Highly recommended, they are used to dealing with non residents and their transactions.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

lovebourg is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Banks in the Paphos region - The Reply

Many thanks for all the answers, much appreciated
Old Apr 13th 2011, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

If you have more than €100,000 to deposit in a Cyprus bank, i would open several accouts of just under €100,000 each, as the Cyprus Government only guarantees deposits up to €100,000 per account. Jonit accounts are classed as one account.
Old May 9th 2011, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Horizong is an unknown quantity at this point

Lloyds international have left the island in terms of physical offices, but still service tehir customers from Gibraltar