Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Advice nd info for best expat areas in cyprus

Advice nd info for best expat areas in cyprus

Old Mar 6th 2015, 12:32 am
Just Joined

Sarah Kay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice nd info for best expat areas in cyprus

Hi, I am new to this forum and would really appreciate some advice.

Myself my partner, and our two young children are strongly considering moving to Cyprus. However don't no where to start with areas to live.

We are thinking either Paphos or Limassol for work reasons.

We have been to both areas many times however I Just don't know which area is best so we could make friends of a similar age. (I am 28 and my partner 29.)

We also need to be close to an English school and nursery.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Sarah Kay
Old Mar 9th 2015, 7:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice nd info for best expat areas in cyprus

You say you are considering Paphos or Limassol for work reasons. Does this mean you don't have jobs already to come to?
If this is the case I strongly advise that you reconsider. Cyprus is not easiest the place for families with young children. Jobs are not easy to find unless you have a skill which is sought after.
British children don't do well in the local schools and private schools are very expensive.
We know of many people who came here with young children and have returned to the UK much worse off financially than when they came.
One family we know of whose husband works offshore and earns very good money still found it hard to manage and their children are returning to the UK a year behind in their education as the private school which they were paying a fortune to send them to is not up to the standard of schools in the UK.
Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but better to be forewarned.