Go Back   British Expats / General / Connections

Old Sep 1st 2017, 8:46 pm   #1
0la Female
Just Joined

0la is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Request to women - student research (with admin's approval)

On the day 30.08 I have received a formal agreement from the BE admin for posting my questionnarie.

Hello!
We are members of the - Students Science Club of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Oncological Gynecology at Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz (Poland). We are conducting research in order to evaluate the effect of an oncological disease on women’s self-esteem. The questionnaire is designated for healthy women and with diagnosed oncological dissease. I is fully anonymous and filling it should take no more than 10 minutes. We hope that the findings will help women that are affected by an oncological disease and contribute to providing them with better quality support and assistance.
Thank you for all the completed surveys.
Aleksandra Kunicka
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...YXH-w/viewform

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 5th 2017 at 1:35 am.
0la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 12:01 pm   #2
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Request to women - student research (with admin's approval)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0la View Post
On the day 30.08 I have received a formal agreement from the BE admin for posting my questionnarie.

Hello!
We are members of the - Students Science Club of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Oncological Gynecology at Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun Collegium Medicum in Bydgoszcz (Poland). We are conducting research in order to evaluate the effect of an oncological disease on women’s self-esteem. The questionnaire is designated for healthy women and with diagnosed oncological dissease. I is fully anonymous and filling it should take no more than 10 minutes. We hope that the findings will help women that are affected by an oncological disease and contribute to providing them with better quality support and assistance.
Thank you for all the completed surveys.
Aleksandra Kunicka
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...YXH-w/viewform
Hi, could you please supply the approval of your University's Ethics Committee (or equivalent) for you to conduct this study? Thanks
Old Sep 6th 2017, 11:07 pm   #3
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Request to women - student research (with admin's approval)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Hi, could you please supply the approval of your University's Ethics Committee (or equivalent) for you to conduct this study? Thanks
I'm sorry if it seems I'm harassing you, but I again ask that you post a copy of your research proposal, signed off by your Uni's Ethics Committee.

I ask this for the following reasons.
  • Ethics Committee (or equivalent) approval is invariably a requirement for higher education students conducting research in a University's name.
  • It's important for prospective participants to view how their information will be used and protected.
  • Perhaps the most important reason - you're asking potentially vulnerable women to provide deeply personal information regarding their cancer diagnosis, including the type and stage of the cancer, and whether the participant feels 'useless' or 'worthy'.

Reflecting on and answering these questions will not be a pleasant or easy experience, and indeed this may be the first time that participants have had cause to even think about some of the self-worth issues you raise. Given this, it's imperative that there are protocols in place to acknowledge and address the emotions such questions generate. This is one of the duties of an Ethics Committee.

Until such time as the OP provides their University approved research proposal addressing the above points, I strongly advise that women do not participate in this survey.

Go Back   British Expats / General / Connections