Go Back   British Expats / General / Connections

Closed Thread

Old Jul 11th 2014, 10:26 am   #1
Just had a book published

Brian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to behold
Default I've written a new football book!

Hi all,

I've just had a new book published over in England about the joys (!) of supporting the England football team. Ahem, cough.

Here it is, as available on Amazon.

Following England Abroad: Amazon.co.uk: Glenn Beckett: Books Following England Abroad: Amazon.co.uk: Glenn Beckett: Books

If you are a football fan and you enjoy travelling, please consider buying it, or mentioning it to your friends - Amazon will post to Australia with no problems!
Alternatively, you can collect it from me at my Sydney address for $20, or I can mail you a copy for a bit extra to cover postage and packing, within Australia.

Thanks for your time
Old Jul 27th 2014, 12:48 pm   #2

Brian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to beholdBrian Clough down under is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I've written a new football book!

.........and it's just been stocked by the Treats from home shop in Sydney CBD, which is a big bonus. It's in The Glasshouse building off Pitt St Mall, up the escalators opposite the Adidas shop.

Home
Old Sep 11th 2014, 7:22 am   #3
14 yrs as a Witchy Hermit
Premium Member

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Clough down under View Post
.........and it's just been stocked by the Treats from home shop in Sydney CBD, which is a big bonus. It's in The Glasshouse building off Pitt St Mall, up the escalators opposite the Adidas shop.

Home
And its highly entertaining, I have to admit Great read!

Don't suppose you are in Brisbane for the Derby match?

Brisbane - football on TV - Sun 14th Sept - Pig n Whistle
Once in the hands of fate,there is no choice, An echo on the wind,you'll hear my voice............"
Old Sep 12th 2014, 6:57 am   #4
BEVS 
BE Site Lead
Administrator

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Poll.

Y'know I don't follow football but Mr BEVS and his family does.

Is it fine for ole dyslexic Mr BEVS please?
Old Sep 12th 2014, 7:22 am   #5
Premium Member

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Poll.

Y'know I don't follow football but Mr BEVS and his family does.

Is it fine for ole dyslexic Mr BEVS please?
I reckon he'd love it, its a good entertaining read, not too heavy and lots of comical bits - I remember he loves his football, and this has the added thrill of being written by someone who also knows life as an expat.

Either pm the OP or get it direct from Amazon - the OP is in Sydney still I think
Once in the hands of fate,there is no choice, An echo on the wind,you'll hear my voice............"
Old Sep 24th 2014, 12:49 pm   #6

Yes, I'm in Sydney - thanks for the feedback and the comments!

I can mail you a copy from here (Sydney), or it's in the Treats from Home store in Sydney CBD.

I've tried to make it easily readable, so my hope is that it will appeal to all football fans!

Cheers
Old Sep 24th 2014, 12:50 pm   #7

Only just seen this - sorry Pollyanna - no, I saw the Derby game in Sydney. I wasn't happy with a draw (or the performance!)
Old Sep 24th 2014, 12:52 pm   #8

I can mail it to anyone, for, what, $25? Including P&P
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 10:38 am   #9
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Clough down under View Post
Only just seen this - sorry Pollyanna - no, I saw the Derby game in Sydney. I wasn't happy with a draw (or the performance!)
Twas a shocking performance wasn't it. Quite a fun night though, 11 Forest fans and one lone bloke from Derby, looking scared
Old Jul 5th 2015, 1:47 am   #10
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Umm. No disrespect intended, and I hope the OP sells lots of books. BUT will Polly please confirm that the OP was not in breach of BE rule #9?
9. Advertising in Forum Posts
The forums, (including the private message, blog and email systems), are not a venue for advertisements in any way. Please do not post promotional/advertising messages, urls, nor specifics that would lead people to your site/blog/product/service/Facebook group etc. However, a line in your signature with a link to your site is allowed. (For signature guidelines please read Rule 20.) It will be the sole discretion of britishexpats.com and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement.

I have been pulled up several times for referring readers to some item in my personal blog that's relevant to the thread I'm on. I don't charge $20, or indeed anything. The blog-posts are harmless, and the censored referrals were simply intended to put any interested readers in the way of a longer commentary or report (800 words, usually) than is appropriate for the BE forum.

Would I be correct in concluding that this Connections section of BE is exempt from the rule? Specifically: would it be acceptable for me to start a thread here dedicated to my blog and its contents? Thanks.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 4:33 am   #11
BEVS 
BE Site Lead
Administrator

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

This thread was placed here at Sue's discretion not Polly's. Sue is the co-founder of BE. Likely there was a private conversation about this at the time to which we are not privy and why should we be.

I can confirm that it is not acceptable to use 'Connections' or any of the BE forums as a platform for your blog. There is a reason for this. BE is for interactive chat exchanges.

As you know it is a link in your BE signature only.

Thanks for asking though.
BEVS
Old Aug 15th 2015, 11:24 am   #12
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
This thread was placed here at Sue's discretion not Polly's. Sue is the co-founder of BE. Likely there was a private conversation about this at the time to which we are not privy and why should we be.

I can confirm that it is not acceptable to use 'Connections' or any of the BE forums as a platform for your blog. There is a reason for this. BE is for interactive chat exchanges.

As you know it is a link in your BE signature only.

Thanks for asking though.
BEVS
Yes BEVS, there was indeed a discussion at the time and the decision to allow the post was Sue's, after I referred it to her when the OP approached me.
It was a one-off, which rather unexpectedly developed into a short thread due to a mutual love of football.
One of the criteria for allowing it was that the book would not be promoted across the forum, but just here. The OP, who frequents the Australia forum, was quite happy with that.
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / General / Connections