Go Back   British Expats / General / Connections

Closed Thread

Old May 26th 2011, 10:04 am   #16
Bison 
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm back on... The Medical Insurance Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow View Post
That's fighting talk! And you are very wrong. I am not a general broker, but higher up the food chain and based on the ground with a team of experts based here, with access to numerous providers. Someone at a desk in the UK (odd that you had to return??) simply cannot compare or offer the same level of service

I returned because RSA made lots of staff redundant during the crisis, including me... and I have no doubt that they went down hill since I left! I decided to abandon the sinking ship and return (for me this has worked out very well), anyways you say you have access to numerous providers, which is great. I have access to the whole market and am able to provide a more bespoke service including tailor made policies which is something you may not be able to do as lots of plans are set in stone, meaning clients can sometimes be paying for benefits that they do not want or need.

Some people may prefer to go to a broker based in the country of residence, some prefer to deal with someone in the UK and over the phone and lots arrange cover before they leave.

Just to clarify, I am authorised and regualted by the FSA to sell to clients in the UK, this include expats who may be back home on holiday or planning on living abroad. So no need to worry about me poaching your clients that live abroad already as I can't quote/advise them. (Lucky for you I guess, as my service is exceptional!)

If anyone wants more info, please PM me.

Regards,

Last edited by Bison; May 26th 2011 at 10:13 am.
Old May 26th 2011, 10:51 am   #17
Meow Female
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

So funny, especially as you are not authorised to advice non-UK residents.

There have been tough times in the UAE in recent years, but the strong (for which read good) survived, thrived and are still here.
Old May 26th 2011, 11:17 am   #18
Forum Regular

DustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really nice

Not trying to take any sides here, but I've recently sorted my staff in Abu Dhabi with their (mandatory) health insurance for residency, which must be taken out with a provider approved by the government here. I initially tried getting them on our Kuwaiti corporate scheme with a well known provider but they wouldn't accept it.

Basically, 'if you aint on the list, you aint getting in". Might be worth considering, at least for AD folks.

DB
Old May 26th 2011, 11:19 am   #19
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

There have been tough times in the UAE in recent years, but the strong (for which read good) survived, thrived and are still here.
It's all detailed Here
Old May 26th 2011, 11:20 am   #20
Meow Female
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyBits View Post
Not trying to take any sides here, but I've recently sorted my staff in Abu Dhabi with their (mandatory) health insurance for residency, which must be taken out with a provider approved by the government here. I initially tried getting them on our Kuwaiti corporate scheme with a well known provider but they wouldn't accept it.

Basically, 'if you aint on the list, you aint getting in". Might be worth considering, at least for AD folks.

DB
This is true. For a provider to be acceptable in AD their plans must be HAAD (Health Authority Abu Dhabi) compliant. Many international providers are not and that yet another reason why local knowledge is important.
Old May 26th 2011, 1:20 pm   #21
Bison 
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I don't see what is funny?

I have told you:
Quote:
Just to clarify, I am authorised and regualted by the FSA to sell to clients in the UK
and isn't it advise rather than advice?? You might read well, but your grammar isn't great...!

Let's face it though, the standards aren't that high in Dubai, so you don't really have to be 'that good' over there to do well. It doesn't mean you are strong, some people just 'wing' it, i've seen it first hand.

I guess the people who can't make it work here in the UK would stand more chance of success in somewhere like Dubai.

I guess some things don't change, I bet your dads car is better than mine as well?

Bison

Last edited by Bison; May 26th 2011 at 1:24 pm.
Old May 26th 2011, 1:32 pm   #22

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is true. For a provider to be acceptable in AD their plans must be HAAD (Health Authority Abu Dhabi) compliant. Many international providers are not and that yet another reason why local knowledge is important.
There's one of those hanging on the wall of my office

N.

About Me
Old May 26th 2011, 3:10 pm   #23
Bison 
100% British Beef

As far as I am aware (please correct me if I am wrong) If my client spends at least 6 months a year in the UK, then I could still arrange a policy if the other 6 months were spent in Abu Dhabi (regardless of local regulations). They just need to be a UK resident for at least 6 months of the year, this is common among expats who may have taken early retirement and have holiday homes abroad or even people who spend half of the time there and half here.

So whilst I agree with you that it is better for someone who permanently lives abroad to seek local advice, I am still able to cater for a slice of the international market and do safe compliantly on a regular basis.

The bulk of what I do is UK based individuals or companies, but can cater for scenarios mentioned above, you know fingers in pies and all that..

Bison
Old May 26th 2011, 3:17 pm   #24
Meow Female
Bored liberal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison View Post
I don't see what is funny?

I have told you: and isn't it advise rather than advice?? You might read well, but your grammar isn't great...!

Let's face it though, the standards aren't that high in Dubai, so you don't really have to be 'that good' over there to do well. It doesn't mean you are strong, some people just 'wing' it, i've seen it first hand.

I guess the people who can't make it work here in the UK would stand more chance of success in somewhere like Dubai.

I guess some things don't change, I bet your dads car is better than mine as well?

Bison
I'm a lousy typist and was in a hurry. Clients to see...

You just sound like a silly boy desperate for business, but do feel free to hurl personal insults (even if they are way off the mark) as it makes you sound so clever.
Old May 26th 2011, 11:31 pm   #25
Bison 
100% British Beef

Quote:
I'm a lousy typist and was in a hurry. Clients to see...

You just sound like a silly boy desperate for business, but do feel free to hurl personal insults (even if they are way off the mark) as it makes you sound so clever.
Well, you sound like a tired out and old bitter woman who seems slightly threatened by some healthy competition... not that there it's a contest and not that I think that our business transactions wherever they may be will ever directly affect each other in any way shape or form... and by the way, you started it with your sarcastic and unwelcome comments in earlier posts.. Silly boy indeed...
Old May 27th 2011, 5:54 am   #26
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Play nice ice cream sellers. I'm sure you could organise something where the on the ground advisors refer the business to you for a cut?
Old May 28th 2011, 12:11 pm   #27
Meow Female
Bored liberal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bison View Post
Well, you sound like a tired out and old bitter woman who seems slightly threatened by some healthy competition... not that there it's a contest and not that I think that our business transactions wherever they may be will ever directly affect each other in any way shape or form... and by the way, you started it with your sarcastic and unwelcome comments in earlier posts.. Silly boy indeed...
QED

Go Back   British Expats / General / Connections