Go Back   British Expats / General / Connections

Closed Thread

Old Oct 28th 2015, 11:24 am   #1
Paulin 
Just Joined

Paulin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any British speakers living in Nijmegen?

Dear forum members,

Are there any of you living in Nijmegen or surrounding areas? I am a PhD student and for my next experiment I need male native British speakers to make some recordings for me. Basically this is a word list of 400 words and it won't take more than half an hour of your time. Recordings are made in the Erasmus building of the Radboud University. We are flexible with times (any time except for the weekends), and if you are interested, just drop me a line and we can make an appointment. We will also pay you 5 Euro per half an hour of your time. I am quite desperate by now, because I need only four speakers (the rest I found already), and they seem to be impossible to find

Thank you to the moderators for allowing this post ,

Polina
Old Oct 28th 2015, 11:34 am   #2
Paulin 
Just Joined

Default Re: Any British speakers living in Nijmegen?

Ok, I've seen now that my previous post was deleted because of the site rules. Sorry for double posting this.

Polina
Old Oct 28th 2015, 6:23 pm   #3
BE Enthusiast

Red_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Wine_Fairy has a reputation beyond repute

My son is at HAN and is a native British speaker - there are few friends from the UK there too. I'll pass this on to him.

Edit - for speeds sake, you might want to join the HAN facebook group and ask there.

Last edited by Red_Wine_Fairy; Oct 28th 2015 at 6:27 pm.
Old Oct 28th 2015, 7:53 pm   #4
Paulin 
Just Joined

Thanks a lot! I will do that! Actually I contacted HAN at some point, but they did not provide any information. I will try facebook, but just in case, my work e-mail is [email protected]

Last edited by Paulin; Oct 28th 2015 at 7:59 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 11:01 pm   #5
BEVS 
BE Site Lead
Administrator

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulin View Post
Ok, I've seen now that my previous post was deleted because of the site rules. Sorry for double posting this.

Polina
It was not deleted for double posting.
It was deleted because you had not sought prior permission for this.
I will allow this but have moved it to the correct area.

Thanks
Old Nov 9th 2015, 9:24 pm   #6
GeniB 
BE Forum Addict

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulin View Post
Dear forum members,

Are there any of you living in Nijmegen or surrounding areas? I am a PhD student and for my next experiment I need male native British speakers to make some recordings for me. Basically this is a word list of 400 words and it won't take more than half an hour of your time. Recordings are made in the Erasmus building of the Radboud University. We are flexible with times (any time except for the weekends), and if you are interested, just drop me a line and we can make an appointment. We will also pay you 5 Euro per half an hour of your time. I am quite desperate by now, because I need only four speakers (the rest I found already), and they seem to be impossible to find

Thank you to the moderators for allowing this post ,

Polina
You are not far from Eindhoven where there is a large ex-pat community due to the presence of Philips and ASML..plus many others.You might try getting in touch with the IWCE (international women's club of Eindhoven) they are bound to have contacts with native English speakers
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / General / Connections