Working while visa being processed

Old Sep 12th 2016, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Zeplachick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working while visa being processed

Hey guys. We're applying for a uk spouse visa from outside the uk for my wife and we received an email August 30th they have received the application and it's being prepared for processing. We paid for expedited and they received our documents August 13th.

My uk job was meant to start the 5th September but obviously this date has now gone. I called my U.K. Company and they understand it's taking longer than expected and to just keep them updated. My question is should go to the uk to start the job while my wife's visa is still being processed. She would stay in America with family.

My main concern was the visa being declined and then me not having a job to come back to in the us, I'm still working here. I'm assuming the visa processing officer calls the uk job to confirm the job offer is in place anyway?

Another concern is paying the $6000 plus to ship our house hold items and it be denied then we have to ship it all back and by that time there will be tenants in our house that we're going to be renting out. Nothing's straight forward.

But if it's necessary to go to the uk then that's what I will do! Would prefer not to if I have a choice.
Old Sep 12th 2016, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working while visa being processed

It is up to you whether you go to the UK to start the job or not.

Your application is based on you having a job to go to and as long as your prospective employer is willing to keep the job open then that is sufficient.
Old Sep 12th 2016, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Zeplachick is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what I was hoping. Thanks for your reply I appreciate it.
Old Sep 12th 2016, 6:58 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't moving and taking the job be preferable - then it wouldn't be an offer of a job, it would actually be a job.
Old Sep 12th 2016, 7:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Wouldn't moving and taking the job be preferable - then it wouldn't be an offer of a job, it would actually be a job.
The OP has concerns if the visa is not granted - will have given up job in US etc etc
Old Sep 12th 2016, 8:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The OP has concerns if the visa is not granted - will have given up job in US etc etc
Why would the visa not be granted? The usual stumbling block is lack of income (or assets), and he has a great opportunity to prove that beyond reasonable doubt - but is putting it in jeopardy by not taking up the position he has been offered.
Old Sep 12th 2016, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We don't know that the visa won't be granted - but nothing is guaranteed. We don't know the history, documentation proof etc of the OP's application under Cat A . The OP has concerns.

Sounds like they submitted the application late July (which was tight for a start beginning early September even with priority service).

He COULD move back and take the job and the family not start the move (ie. shipping stuff) until the visa comes through..........

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Sep 12th 2016 at 8:22 pm.