Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Windsong's UK passport application thread - Timeline,docs,photos

Windsong's UK passport application thread - Timeline,docs,photos

Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Experience of renewing UK passport from overseas

Originally Posted by windsong
Well . . . whatever you want to call it - replacement, renewal . . . the latest version . . . . the question is the same.

Hopefully, BritinParis will respond with the current timing. There are estimates even for "new" applications. It was 10-12 weeks just a few months ago, not six weeks.

As far as my own timing goes, the passport is very important.
Are your flights in September actually booked now? I don't know or understand why you keep asking about the passport issue, it's been a long long time that you've been discussing applying for it, you've booked flights, you've changed flights but you still haven't applied for the passport. Just do it and wait until you have it safely in your hands before arranging flights if you're so concerned about landing in the UK without it.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:52 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
From what I have read you are going to need a lot of luck to get it through by early/mid September. Hopefully your travel plans are for late September. You've been asking various questions about getting a new passport for a year now and still haven't sent the application in. Just do it!
Hmmm. That's what I expected.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
They say they need the actual passport - nobody on here actually sends it in. Send a colour photocopy of ALL pages in the passport, including the front and back cover, along with a covering letter explaining you need to keep the US passport for travel/work/whatever excuse.
That's what I did. I copied the entire passport. Every single page, including the blanks. I didn't want to give them any excuse to come back for any more information.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:55 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You have no idea if I have sent it in or not - or are you clairvoyant!

If you had I assume you wouldn't keep asking the same old questions...time and time again.

Edit: Seems you completely rewrote your post that I have quoted.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 25th 2014 at 2:57 am.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 3:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Really? Actually, it is now in the UK!

And it is NOT the same old question. The time for processing has fluctuated enormously this year so it is indeed a valid question whether you believe it so or not.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 7:34 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Really? Actually, it is now in the UK!
Good going between the USofA and the UK. That is around a day & a half.
I approve of that service.

Originally Posted by Windsong
Well . . . whatever you want to call it - replacement, renewal . . . the latest version . . . . the question is the same.
Not really as has been previously explained at great length .

So.

Here you are.

READ HERE

Overseas British passport applications = Start Again.

1. Which country or territory are you in?

USA

2. Are you renewing, replacing or applying for a first passport?

Renewing an old black or blue passport

3. Do you need an adult or child passport?

Adult (aged 16 and over)

4. Which country were you born in?

United Kingdom

How long it takes

Your application will take at least 10 weeks from when it’s received by Her Majesty’s Passport Office in the UK.

You may have to attend an interview for a first adult passport.
Applications may take longer if:
  • HM Passport Office need to ask you for more information or documents
  • the photographs you send are rejected
Which obviously you will not fall foul of because it has been a year or so in the making

Originally Posted by Windsong
Don’t book any travel until you have a valid passport.
QUITE !!

You wait until you have the UK passport in your mitts as you are so worried about this and then you book your travel. Simples.

I absolutely feel this has been done to death and more some. I really do understand the anxieties but the answers are all already here.

The only type of post on the BE forum that I will now let through, because I am a right old bag, is the "Windsong has her UK passport" post.

All else will be deflected to this closed thread .

So. - Thread closed.

Windsong.

Please feel free to protest against this. However, when doing so, please understand that the groans about you continuing to blanket cover the forums about your own long standing issues are bringing in complaints.

I have not acted on those complaints. Nor even on your own complaints.

I have just acted on what I have reviewed, read and seen