Whoops! Public funds?

Old Dec 7th 2016, 10:06 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whoops! Public funds?

Originally Posted by Naz30
This statement from the accommodation guidelines suggests the contrary;

An applicant under Appendix FM under a 5-year route to settlement as a partner, parent or dependent child must provide evidence that there will be adequate accommodation in the UK, without recourse to public funds, for the family, including other family members who are not included in the application but who live in the same household. This must be accommodation which the family own or which they occupy exclusively.
That would be referring to, say, your three British citizen children who also live in the same household. They're not subject to immigration control and therefore won't be included on the application but you cannot claim public funds to house them as you would also be housing yourself.
Old Dec 8th 2016, 5:53 am
Just Joined

Naz30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whoops! Public funds?

Originally Posted by BritInParis
That would be referring to, say, your three British citizen children who also live in the same household. They're not subject to immigration control and therefore won't be included on the application but you cannot claim public funds to house them as you would also be housing yourself.

Thanks for the clarification BritInParis. I just want to be sure before applying that the ECO will not reject based on my mother claiming housing benefit.

So just to reiterate, a council property whose rent is funded by housing benefit is satisfactory for visa accommodation requirements?

Do I also need a permission letter from the housing association or a letter from my mother who holds the tenancy is fine?

Thanks for your help 👍🏽