When UKVI should make a decision about

Old Oct 16th 2017, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

tempestadesm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When UKVI should make a decision about

Hello,

On September, 27/2017 I did the biometrics in São Paulo. Two days later they ackologde receiving my visa application.

On October, 10/2017 My visa application has been assigned to an Entry Clearance Officer.

I am extremely anxious about my visa as it's the second application and the first was sent out on May, 2/2017

How long do you guys think it will take for them to make a decision this time?

It is a priority visa application.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When UKVI should make a decision about

It is usually advised not to do priority applications if you have had a prior refusal and your second application will be more closely vetted.

You asked the same question a few days ago....... it may take 15 working days, however, it might take 60.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Why is it not advised to do priority if you've had a prior refusal?
Old Oct 17th 2017, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

tempestadesm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by j4v3d
Why is it not advised to do priority if you've had a prior refusal?
This is what they say:

You should be aware that you may experience extended processing times if any of the following factors apply to you:

If you have previously been refused a visa for the UK, and/or;
If you have previously been refused leave to enter the UK, and/or;
If you have previously been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK, and/or;
If you have overstayed a period of leave in the UK, and/or;
If you have been refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office, and/or;
If you have been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA or the Schengen countries, and/or;
If you have been convicted of a criminal offence in any country.

Still we decided to spend another £551 because I was unfairly denied my first visa; so far it seems to be working as I did the biometrics in São Paulo on September, 27 and on October, 10 it was escalated to an agent.

Now it's the endless waiting again! Been away from home since April and I find it really hard.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Ah right, then Sheffield/HO will scrutinize the application even more to make sure everything is fine therein taking an age to get it processed, but fingers crossed it's processed quickly, visa granted so you can go home and live happily. The waiting is such a killer.