when to apply

Old Feb 16th 2018, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

cca123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default when to apply

Hi guys
I am moving back (hopefully) to UK with my family with an intended travel date of May 30th. When should my husband (us citizen) submit the application? We don't want to be too early but we also don't want to be too late...
Thanks!
Old Feb 16th 2018, 11:25 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: when to apply

As soon as possible. You can give your intended travel date as 30 May and the vignette will be valid for 30 days from that date.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

great so we can apply right now if we want? Someone told me you can't apply over 3 months from intended travel date... I just didn't want it to be too soon. We have most of our documentation ready, we just need to add a few things but do we have a few days from when we submitted the online application?
Old Feb 16th 2018, 12:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cca123
great so we can apply right now if we want? Someone told me you can't apply over 3 months from intended travel date... I just didn't want it to be too soon. We have most of our documentation ready, we just need to add a few things but do we have a few days from when we submitted the online application?
That used to be the case; you can select an intended travel date of up to six months in advance so there's no advantage in waiting providing you can meet the financial requirements.
Old Feb 16th 2018, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Brilliant. Thank you.
PS, do you know if I should send in original marriage certificate? Will they send it back?
Old Feb 16th 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by cca123
Brilliant. Thank you.
PS, do you know if I should send in original marriage certificate? Will they send it back?
Everything needs to be original except the sponsor's passport - a colour photocopy of the bio-data page should suffice. Any original documents will be returned.

Last edited by BritInParis; Feb 16th 2018 at 1:52 pm.