What to do?

Old Oct 2nd 2017, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

dramahuman is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy What to do?

Hello again,

My fiance makes the required 22,400 for my daughter and I before taxes for his salary.

However one month he was quite ill (food poisoning) and they docked him 300 quid from his paycheck.

This was for the Month of August.

We were hoping to apply in December, but it seems that's not possible now since one paycheck was 1455 while the others were 1700 after taxes.

Will they not even take into consideration the reasoning, or will I just have to suck it up and apply in February when all the bank statements say 1700 after taxes.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: What to do?

Originally Posted by pabonline
It's the annual figure they are looking at, monthly variations are not important; you'll be fine with that payslip
Someone had told me it didn't matter even if the salary was the requirement if one bank statement was less than the others

So I had been going crazy trying to google it all before I came here.

Thank you for your answer
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you are applying under Cat A (with employer for 6 months or more) with employment income only, then each payslip must be 1,550 GBP or over - this then shows an equivalent of 18,600 GBP per annum.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

pabonline is an unknown quantity at this point

What was the gross figure, i.e. before taxes, for the low month?
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

What was the gross figure, i.e. before taxes, for the low month?
Okay

I was able to get him to send me an actual copy of that payslip

His usual pay is 2333.33

For the month of August it was 1794.76 (but after (tax, pension) deductions the net pay was 1476.61
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Oh I am really sorry, it seems like that gross figure would need to be above 22400 divided by 12, i.e. 1,867 on all your payslips. You may need to combine it with some savings to meet the requirement.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Oh I am really sorry, it seems like that gross figure would need to be above 22400 divided by 12, i.e. 1,867 on all your payslips. You may need to combine it with some savings to meet the requirement.
His pay before taxes is 27,999.96

I've been led to believe it was the payslip's amount before the deductions that was counted. :/ Oh no. We will not be able to do a combination of anything really.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

They are looking for £22,400 before deductions, however SanDiegogirl is right, they will use the gross figure from your lowest payslip to infer your annual income.

Can someone back me up on this calculation? If the low payslip shows £1,794.76 they will project an income of (1,794.76 * 12) i.e. £21,537.12 leaving you short by £863, that is the amount of savings you will need to show.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

They are looking for £22,400 before deductions, however SanDiegogirl is right, they will use the gross figure from your lowest payslip to infer your annual income.

Can someone back me up on this calculation? If the low payslip shows £1,794.76 they will project an income of (1,794.76 * 12) i.e. £21,537.12 leaving you short by £863, that is the amount of savings you will need to show.
Thank you both, I'm sorry if I seem slow on the uptake I've just been stressed and crying most of the day over this.

Would I be able to use 12 payslips to show he made the 22,400+ for his salary? I've wondered if this was an option, we usually have a couple of K in savings but we may not after just getting our flat settled before the visas.

I've also thought about maybe waiting until February to apply, because those six bank statements will have no deductions.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

It's confusing for us because by the time we apply he will be over the 22,400 amount but if we show six statements, as you've all advised me, they'll only look at that lower statement.

(Thank you both for the help so far by the way, I truly appreciate it.)
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dramahuman
we usually have a couple of K in savings but we may not after just getting our flat settled before the visas.
I wouldn't normally say this, but if you can use credit instead of savings for getting your flat settled, then you could show the savings for your application. And then you could settle the credit from savings straight after your application is submitted.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 7:09 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't normally say this, but if you can use credit instead of savings for getting your flat settled, then you could show the savings for your application. And then you could settle the credit from savings straight after your application is submitted.
"A couple of K" isn't going to make a difference. The minimum amount of cash savings that can used to make up any shortfall in income is £16,000.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
"A couple of K" isn't going to make a difference. The minimum amount of cash savings that can used to make up any shortfall in income is £16,000.
Alright, well it seems a bust as his payslips from January to December would have shown he made over the 22,400 required. But, if that one payslip seems to ruin us as we can only send in six...We will just wait until the six payslips show no alterations

Thank you all. Would have been sad to get a refusal based off us not knowing our details properly!

Last edited by dramahuman; Oct 2nd 2017 at 7:19 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2017, 7:18 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dramahuman
Alright, well it seems a bust as his payslips from January to December would have shown he made over the 22,400 required. But, if that one payslip seems to ruin us as we can only send in six...We will just wait until the six payslips show know alterations

Thank you all. Would have been sad to get a refusal based off us not knowing our details properly!
That's definitely the safest option. Given the delays in spouse visa processing at the moment it's probably not going to make much difference in the long run.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
That's definitely the safest option. Given the delays in spouse visa processing at the moment it's probably not going to make much difference in the long run.
Hello BritInParis, just being confused with this :

The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is
how gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:

*Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout
the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary
which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore the figure
used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during
the 6 month period.

*Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual
employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the
person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months
prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).
To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the
following calculation should be used:
(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by
6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment

I'm just worried with the payslip we submitted because for the month of May, my husband only got £800 because that's the month we got married and he got sick as well he was not able to go to work for 2 weeks but if will total his salary for the whole 6months, the total is around £10k before tax.He had been working with this company for 30 yrs now. I submitted his p60, 2016-2017 and both exceeded the required financial requirement. It's my 60 WD days now and I'm not sure if that will cause me problem or not get approved at all😔

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.