waiting for IHS refund

Old Jan 20th 2018, 11:56 am
Njk
Just Joined

Njk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default waiting for IHS refund

Need help
Hi everyone I was wondering where should I be posting my question about my problem hope I am on the right forum/thread..
I am from from Hong Kong, my husband is a British citizen ,my settlement visa for UK got refused and I received the refusal letter on 6 October 2017 I did not make appeal because I wanted to start a fresh application and read that the IHS refund is refunded automatically after 6 weeks but it's been more then 12 weeks and have not received the IHS refund yet ..
I wrote them an email where they asked about every detail about my IHS which I provided all the information required.Later they sent another email stating..

With regards to your enquiry about your refund, I'm sincerely apologise it has taken this long, but we have re-escalate on the 19/01/2018. We do not know the time frame of your refund but doing our best to track down your details for refund, your patient is much appreciate.

I understood the upper paragraph but having trouble to understand the paragraph down one..

Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.
Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice.

I don't understand do I need to fill up any kind of form to apply for refund or are they asking me to wait patiently( already 3 months waited) just no idea about guidance material is it some rule book I need to read..please need help to understand what this official statement is trying to say..
Thank you for any kind of help..desperate
Old Jan 20th 2018, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

dinoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: waiting for IHS refund

Originally Posted by Njk
Need help
Hi everyone I was wondering where should I be posting my question about my problem hope I am on the right forum/thread..
I am from from Hong Kong, my husband is a British citizen ,my settlement visa for UK got refused and I received the refusal letter on 6 October 2017 I did not make appeal because I wanted to start a fresh application and read that the IHS refund is refunded automatically after 6 weeks but it's been more then 12 weeks and have not received the IHS refund yet ..
I wrote them an email where they asked about every detail about my IHS which I provided all the information required.Later they sent another email stating..

With regards to your enquiry about your refund, I'm sincerely apologise it has taken this long, but we have re-escalate on the 19/01/2018. We do not know the time frame of your refund but doing our best to track down your details for refund, your patient is much appreciate.

I understood the upper paragraph but having trouble to understand the paragraph down one..

Please note that the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visa and Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of any such application prior to it being given full and careful consideration.
Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you. If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration advice.

I don't understand do I need to fill up any kind of form to apply for refund or are they asking me to wait patiently( already 3 months waited) just no idea about guidance material is it some rule book I need to read..please need help to understand what this official statement is trying to say..
Thank you for any kind of help..desperate
Hi Njk,

The paragraph you are confused about I recognise. It suspect it is a standard/template reply they seem to include within most of their replies to any enquiries.

I previously sent the UKVI an email asking a very different question to yours and they likewise included the same confusing paragraph. I suspect it's purely to cover their own backs and just them re-iterating that they are unable to offer direct advice to anything - but are mere sign posts to information.

I would ignore this and not worry. All you can do is wait and hopefully you will hear back from them or get the refund very soon.

All the best.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 12:12 pm
Njk
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dinoman
Hi Njk,

The paragraph you are confused about I recognise. It suspect it is a standard/template reply they seem to include within most of their replies to any enquiries.

I previously sent the UKVI an email asking a very different question to yours and they likewise included the same confusing paragraph. I suspect it's purely to cover their own backs and just them re-iterating that they are unable to offer direct advice to anything - but are mere sign posts to information.

I would ignore this and not worry. All you can do is wait and hopefully you will hear back from them or get the refund very soon.

All the best.
Dinoman thank you for your reply yes it is indeed very confusing and now all I can do is wait but I hope they will send me information about my refund because after sending 3 email they responded or they just ignore (I felt)..
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

adi16 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Njk, I am in a similar situation as you. My visa was refused on 15/10/17. I also asked HomeOffice to refund me IHS fee but haven't yet. I got the same email. I wonder why they are taking so long to refund our money.
I have already submitted a fresh application and paid IHS again.
Please keep posted if you receive you IHS fee.
Thanks
Old Jan 23rd 2018, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

YXY1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I’m in a similar situation too. First application got rejected on 18 Oct 2017 and still have not received my refund.

I’ve already made a new application and got the visa and am even in the UK already!

Please could you let me know which email address to use to write to them? Thanks!
Old Jan 25th 2018, 4:30 am
Njk
Just Joined

Originally Posted by adi16
Hi Njk, I am in a similar situation as you. My visa was refused on 15/10/17. I also asked HomeOffice to refund me IHS fee but haven't yet. I got the same email. I wonder why they are taking so long to refund our money.
I have already submitted a fresh application and paid IHS again.
Please keep posted if you receive you IHS fee.
Thanks
Hey adi16 just got their reply posting it down.

Thank you for your enquiry. Thank you for your enquiry regarding your IHS refund. I have asked the IHS team to action this. The payment will be made to the card or account used for the original payment, within 28 days of being authorised.If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Very happy right now I thought it was going to take long duration again but now relaxed ..hope I get it within a month..
Old Jan 25th 2018, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

YXY1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Njk

Thank you for your enquiry. Thank you for your enquiry regarding your IHS refund. I have asked the IHS team to action this. The payment will be made to the card or account used for the original payment, within 28 days of being authorised.If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Very happy right now I thought it was going to take long duration again but now relaxed ..hope I get it within a month..
Hi, which email address did you use?
Old Jan 25th 2018, 4:41 am
Njk
Just Joined

Originally Posted by YXY1984
Hi, I’m in a similar situation too. First application got rejected on 18 Oct 2017 and still have not received my refund.

I’ve already made a new application and got the visa and am even in the UK already!

Please could you let me know which email address to use to write to them? Thanks!
Hi YXY1984
Wow congrats for getting your visa firstly and just google IHS refund it will direct you to Gov.uk I think and go to refund and it will ask you whether you are applying within uk or outside but not sure in your case dear because while you were making your application I guess you were outside uk so can not say anything there is two option either you call them direct or email them but you need to have a credit or debit card to make an enquiry..after you pay the price they will email you back or you can direct talk to them in you are in rush to get your refund back..hope you get your money back soon..
Old Jan 25th 2018, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

Congrast NJK. I hope i get some response from them soon.
best of luck

Originally Posted by Njk

Old Jan 25th 2018, 4:53 am
Njk
Just Joined

Originally Posted by YXY1984
Hi, which email address did you use?
No dear first you need to pay via credit or debit card to make an enquiry or to call them after that if you fill up the refund form online like billing and your reference number etc etc oh yah! We just need to pay only once if you take a route of email but if you want to rush direct calling them is better .while making payment and filling up the form online there is small box where you can write down your IHS payment date and how many weeks it has taken etc ..after payment than they will email you and we have to follow the same email add to reply or to get reply ..first they will email you back within 2 days ..
Old Jan 25th 2018, 4:54 am
Njk
Just Joined

Congrast NJK. I hope i get some response from them soon.
best of luck
adi16 thank you best of luck to you too..
Old Jan 27th 2018, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Hey guys, I just checked my Credit card statement online and found out that I got full refund of IHS fee by Home Office. Can't believe its in my account already
Old Jan 27th 2018, 10:11 am
Njk
Just Joined

Hey guys, I just checked my Credit card statement online and found out that I got full refund of IHS fee by Home Office. Can't believe its in my account already
Wooo congrats..I hope I receive my asap too..
Old Jan 28th 2018, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

alexpng is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratz! My friend is still waiting, it has been a while.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:33 pm
Njk
Just Joined

Hey adi16 one question do they send any email after sending money to us or not because I paid through my friends credit card so was wondering how will I know if my friend will not say anything to me ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.