Wait time for US citizen UKM application response?

Old Jul 1st 2016, 8:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wait time for US citizen UKM application response?

Originally Posted by Lucy@deal
Thanks BIP. Took your advise and calmed down. I went to the FedEx office personally and talked to someone there. He advised me to open an account for personal use online, get an account number and come back to him the next day which I did. I brought all my documents and passports. We completed the way bills - one going and one for return. He put the return envelope inside along with the documents and off it went. This was last Friday. Today I looked at my credit card and it is charged for both the Fedex cost as well as the 80 pounds for the citizenship ceremony. I was surprised it happened that quickly. So now I sit and wait for the rest of it to happen. Thanks again.
No problem. Let us know how you get on and when you become one of us
Old Jul 3rd 2016, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Lucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond repute

Like my Nan always said I've always been one of you but just didn't have the paper work to show it. Thanks!
Old Jul 29th 2016, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

ChristopherF is an unknown quantity at this point

My application took 4 months from submission — first of March — to approval letter (the approval letter came about 3 weeks after I submitted the biometric data). However, it's been a month since that and still haven't heard anything about the ceremony.
Old Jul 31st 2016, 5:02 am
Just Joined

ChristopherF is an unknown quantity at this point

Bizarrely, like Marmaduke's comment earlier in this thread, the moment I write on this site that I haven't heard anything from them about the citizenship ceremony, a letter arrives in the mail.