Wait time for US citizen UKM application response?

Old Mar 12th 2016, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

eggtimer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wait time for US citizen UKM application response?

I read somewhere that wait times for US citizen UKM application response can be 8-10 months. Can anyone share their recent experience?
Old Mar 12th 2016, 5:26 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wait time for US citizen UKM application response?

expect 6 - 8 months according to them at the Home Office

https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-britis...-youve-applied
Old Mar 13th 2016, 10:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Around six months seems to be the going rate at the moment.
Old Mar 16th 2016, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

ok thank you.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 4:54 am
Just Joined

marmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond repute

I sent the UKM application in April 2015.

Biometrics enrolment letter was received mid July, biometrics enrolled late July (I'm 300km from the nearest enrolment centre).

Letter apologising for a delay in processing was sent late September, stating a decision should be made by the end of 2015.

They lost my biometrics in November, and about a week after I sent some panicked emails decided that they'd found them again.

Still waiting for a response - they sent me an online survey link regarding my experience mid February, but stated it should only be completed when I receive official notification of my application's success or failure, which apparently is in a plastic bag taped to a sea turtle somewhere in the Atlantic.

At this rate I'm wondering why I didn't just fly to France and come in through the Calais tunnels like everyone else.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 9:45 am
Just Joined

marmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond reputemarmaduke has a reputation beyond repute

Well, now I'm paranoid that UK Immigration is monitoring this thread, because not two hours after I typed the previous post, I received an email to attend a citizenship ceremony in April.

So, I guess my answer for eggtimer is, up to 10 months from the initial application.

Smoke me a kipper, boys, I'll be with you soon.
Old Mar 18th 2016, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Marmaduke and lol.
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 12:35 am
Just Joined

arhp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marmaduke
I sent the UKM application in April 2015.

Biometrics enrolment letter was received mid July, biometrics enrolled late July (I'm 300km from the nearest enrolment centre).
Marmaduke - congratulations on your good news. For the rest of us still waiting, perhaps you could tell us where you did your biometrics, i.e. US, Canada...? I have been told there are no UK biometric facilities in the US and hence the delay in processing UKMs from the US. In fact, I know of one UKM who actually went to the UK to do his biometrics in order to expedite his application. I am heading to the UK in May so I am wondering if I should try to notify the Home Office or just hold out like you did. I sent my application in late December and to date have had no acknowledgement of receipt.

Any advice is helpful.
Thanks
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by arhp
Marmaduke - congratulations on your good news. For the rest of us still waiting, perhaps you could tell us where you did your biometrics, i.e. US, Canada...? I have been told there are no UK biometric facilities in the US and hence the delay in processing UKMs from the US. In fact, I know of one UKM who actually went to the UK to do his biometrics in order to expedite his application. I am heading to the UK in May so I am wondering if I should try to notify the Home Office or just hold out like you did. I sent my application in late December and to date have had no acknowledgement of receipt.

Any advice is helpful.
Thanks
There are MANY 'application support centers" for biometric enrollment in the US. Once you get the biometric letter you will receive a link with a list.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Lucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond repute

I hope someone can answer my question regarding applying for citizenship by the UKM form. I am currently gathering all my papers together with the application. I have my Mum's British passport, birth certificate, and my documents. They require my passport as well, which is US. I have read somewhere, can't remember of course, that they will accept a certified copy of my US passport. I am worried about not having a passport for the length of time it may take for this application. So, I am wondering whether to send my passport and hope for the best or try the certified copy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jun 15th 2016, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

matkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud ofmatkirk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lucy@deal
I hope someone can answer my question regarding applying for citizenship by the UKM form. I am currently gathering all my papers together with the application. I have my Mum's British passport, birth certificate, and my documents. They require my passport as well, which is US. I have read somewhere, can't remember of course, that they will accept a certified copy of my US passport. I am worried about not having a passport for the length of time it may take for this application. So, I am wondering whether to send my passport and hope for the best or try the certified copy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A certified copy of your passport is perfectly acceptable. Just make sure you copy every page, including all blank pages. 🙂
Old Jun 15th 2016, 6:54 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lucy@deal

Thanks
You can certainly try to send just a certified copy with a note saying you need it for travel but you should be prepared to send the original if requested.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Lucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond reputeLucy@deal has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks matkirk and BritInParis for your replies. I'm becoming a nervous wreck trying to get all this together. I have another problem about sending the application or rather the return of my documents. I have been trying to sort out a courier, however, I am almost to the point I'm thinking about just letting everything come back by 2nd class post. Is it safe or should I just try FedEx or UPS to return my documents. Would the return envelope from US be acceptable to return documents from UK.
Old Jun 21st 2016, 9:54 pm

It's up to you but I certainly wouldn't be allowing any documents to be sent by ordinary post.
Old Jul 1st 2016, 1:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks BIP. Took your advise and calmed down. I went to the FedEx office personally and talked to someone there. He advised me to open an account for personal use online, get an account number and come back to him the next day which I did. I brought all my documents and passports. We completed the way bills - one going and one for return. He put the return envelope inside along with the documents and off it went. This was last Friday. Today I looked at my credit card and it is charged for both the Fedex cost as well as the 80 pounds for the citizenship ceremony. I was surprised it happened that quickly. So now I sit and wait for the rest of it to happen. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.