Wage advice please.

Old Feb 3rd 2018, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Lovedupbrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wage advice please.

Hello everyone

I had the pleasure of meeting a wonderful American girl. We fell in love and finally met in October last year and spent an incredible three months together in the UK. I am due to fly over to the USA in March to spend a couple of weeks with her and her family.

We would like to get married and I'd love to bring her over to the UK. Now... These financial rules are confusing to say the least.

I work 40 hours a week at £9 an hour at the moment. I have unlimited overtime also that I take full advantage of. I take home about £400 a week after tax.

I'd really like an easy to understand answer in how the UKBA calculate a wage like I am on. Do they take an average or what? I've read so many pages explaining it but I just cannot make head nor tail of it.

If anyone could take the time to explain it to me I'd be so grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Alex
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 1:35 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wage advice please.

What is your gross salary per month on average?
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

With overtime it's £2009
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Bobjon is an unknown quantity at this point

you can only use salary without overtime because the home office don't see overtime as an income source because it's not always guaranteed that you will get that amount every month.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 2:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kalifonia
you can only use salary without overtime because the home office don't see overtime as an income source because it's not always guaranteed that you will get that amount every month.
That is not true. A variety of add-ons to base pay can be used to meeting the income requirements, including but not confined to: overtime, shift allowance, location allowance, bonuses, and commission. If you could only include "guaranteed" income that would pretty much prevent anyone who is self-employed from ever sponsoring their family members for a visa. You just need to show six months of meeting the require income level on average, so £9,300 over a six month period.

Please do not post misleading or erroneous information.

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 3rd 2018 at 3:25 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lovedupbrit
With overtime it's £2009
You need an income of 18,600 GBP per annum. If you can prove you reach that figure (payslips, bank statements etc) then you can sponsor a settlement visa for your wife.

Read the following document carefully so see how to qualify:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much for the replies. My heart stopped for a second when I read that overtime wouldn't count as I'm relying on it. So as long as my slips show the right amount I'll be OK?

Thanks again everyone!

Alex
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 3:26 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... So as long as my slips show the right amount I'll be OK? .....
Yes.
Old Feb 3rd 2018, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much everyone. So helpful and. You mind is at rest.... For now....

I will keep everyone updated on here as to how we get on

Have a great day everyone

Alex
Old Feb 5th 2018, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Hello everyone.

I have another question. This one may be more complicated to answer, I'm not sure.

If my wife were to become pregnant during the 5 years it takes to get ILR would I be able to claim any help towards bringing the baby up. Obviously only until mother has the opportunity to work herself to make up the money. I know that a lot of people would say wait but I'm already 28 and I have a good job that I can progress in. I know that at 33 I'm not biologically "past it" but I've always wanted a family and therefore I want to be sure that there are contingency plans in place. I do work incredibly hard for my money and the last thing I want people to think is that I'm trying to take the mickey. I just think that surely as a british citizen who has worked and paid tax every day since I was 16 that I'd be offered at least some help.

I hope someone has some info for me.

Thanks in advance..

Alex
Old Feb 5th 2018, 10:26 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone.

I have another question. This one may be more complicated to answer, I'm not sure.

If my wife were to become pregnant during the 5 years it takes to get ILR would I be able to claim any help towards bringing the baby up. Obviously only until mother has the opportunity to work herself to make up the money. I know that a lot of people would say wait but I'm already 28 and I have a good job that I can progress in. I know that at 33 I'm not biologically "past it" but I've always wanted a family and therefore I want to be sure that there are contingency plans in place. I do work incredibly hard for my money and the last thing I want people to think is that I'm trying to take the mickey. I just think that surely as a british citizen who has worked and paid tax every day since I was 16 that I'd be offered at least some help.

I hope someone has some info for me.

Thanks in advance..

Alex
Depends on exactly what was being claimed; some benefits will be available, some will not. Your fiancée will have 'no recourse to public funds' until she receives ILR. These do not however include public funds related to NI contributions such as statutory maternity pay. You would also be claim benefits that you were entitled to, such as child benefit, even though your fiancee would not be able to do so.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...2/public-funds
Old Feb 5th 2018, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for your reply.

I'm on a roll here. I am a british citizen by birth. If I had a child with my US partner and the child was born in the US. Will I be able to get the child a British passport?

If so I guess that means that the child will be British by decent.

Does this mean that if the child has a British passport that I still only need to clear £18600 and not the £22400?

I hope people can shed some light on this as I'm desperately trying to understand all of this :s

Alex
Old Feb 5th 2018, 12:07 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.

I'm on a roll here. I am a british citizen by birth. If I had a child with my US partner and the child was born in the US. Will I be able to get the child a British passport?

If so I guess that means that the child will be British by decent.

Does this mean that if the child has a British passport that I still only need to clear £18600 and not the £22400?

I hope people can shed some light on this as I'm desperately trying to understand all of this :s

Alex
Yes, yes and yes.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 12:32 pm

.... If I had a child with my US partner and the child was born in the US. .....
Be aware that unless your fiancée/wife has on-going medical insurance in the US, which is likely to cost around $750/mth +/- $100, unless she is working in the US and is able to get coverage linked to her employment, that you would have to pay for the medical costs of the birth, which almost always means in hospital in the US.

The cost of a straightforward birth in the US, one without any complications, is currently around $30,000. If a caesarian section is required, which happens in around 20-25% of births, the cost of the birth is going to double. Other complications and a time in neonatal intensive care and the cost could easily reach $100,000!

Last edited by Pulaski; Feb 5th 2018 at 12:36 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2018, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Again... I cannot thank you people enough for taking the time to write me these answers.

If I knew you... Your pints would be on me for the foreseeable. I love the way the Internet can be such a helpful place sometimes.

I'll probably have more questions along the way but for now I think that's it.

Thank you again

Alex

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.