Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Visiting spouse after submitting application plus other questions!

Visiting spouse after submitting application plus other questions!

Old Dec 3rd 2017, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting spouse after submitting application plus other questions!

Originally Posted by Nsh
I sincerely pray that you and wife receive very good news. Yes I’ve said the same thing to my husband, I really don’t think I could do this again. There’s been too much tension and worry. So I’ve come to the decision that we will try one time and hopefully it will all work out. If it doesn’t then we have to think of another place to live, even if it means living in Pakistan. I have a lot of respect for those who can pick themselves up after hearing the worst news and go through the whole procedure again- not sure if I have that much strength of character.

So I’m getting everything together and filling in Appendix 2. For my main job I get paid £1415.76 monthly which works out to £16,989.12. However after checking my letter from my employer I’ve noticed she has written my salary as £16988, so now I’ve got to go and get this changed again! It’s these little things which grate me.

Thanks again for all your help.
If you earn 16,988 per annum then you don't meet the financial requirements of 18,600 GBP per annum.

How do you intend to make up this shortfall?
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 4:57 pm
Nsh
Forum Regular

Nsh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If you earn 16,988 per annum then you don't meet the financial requirements of 18,600 GBP per annum.

How do you intend to make up this shortfall?
Hi, I’m working two jobs. This is my main job. I have a second part time job which pays £3120.36 per year so combined with my school job takes me past 20K.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 4:58 pm
Nsh
Forum Regular

I have been working at both for more than 6 months so will be applying through Category A.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 5:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nsh
I have been working at both for more than 6 months so will be applying through Category A.
OK.... sounds good.
Old Dec 4th 2017, 8:20 am
Just Joined

asadq7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Priority fee is paid at biometrics
I would highly recommend doing the Ilets test. Even I did the NARIC route first but so many people advised me to get my wife to do the ILETS.

've read on other forums, case officers not recognising the Naric Certs even though they are acceptable and people having to reappeal etc which is added stress
Old Dec 5th 2017, 7:27 pm
Nsh
Forum Regular

Thanks to everyone for all the advice.

I submitted the online application yesterday and paid for the priority fee through the the vfsglobal website.

I got another letter from my employer today but just noticed she has dated it with today’s date (5th Dec). Is this still acceptable or does it have to be dated on or before 4th Dec as that’s when I submitted the online application?

As if this process wasn’t stressful enough.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

gaja00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nsh
I sincerely pray that you and wife receive very good news. Yes I’ve said the same thing to my husband, I really don’t think I could do this again. There’s been too much tension and worry. So I’ve come to the decision that we will try one time and hopefully it will all work out. If it doesn’t then we have to think of another place to live, even if it means living in Pakistan. I have a lot of respect for those who can pick themselves up after hearing the worst news and go through the whole procedure again- not sure if I have that much strength of character.

So I’m getting everything together and filling in Appendix 2. For my main job I get paid £1415.76 monthly which works out to £16,989.12. However after checking my letter from my employer I’ve noticed she has written my salary as £16988, so now I’ve got to go and get this changed again! It’s these little things which grate me.

Thanks again for all your help.
Thank you so much. She just collected her passport today and got the visa. We're over the moon about it. Stay positive though. I'll pray for you and your husband that his visa application is successful and quickly.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nsh
Thanks to everyone for all the advice.

I submitted the online application yesterday and paid for the priority fee through the the vfsglobal website.

I got another letter from my employer today but just noticed she has dated it with today’s date (5th Dec). Is this still acceptable or does it have to be dated on or before 4th Dec as that’s when I submitted the online application?

As if this process wasn’t stressful enough.
Glad to hear that you've got the application submitted. Regarding the employment letter, the online application submission date is not applicable. The letter only has to be dated before you submit the documents to UKVI.
Old Dec 5th 2017, 9:14 pm
Nsh
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gaja00
Thank you so much. She just collected her passport today and got the visa. We're over the moon about it. Stay positive though. I'll pray for you and your husband that his visa application is successful and quickly.
Ah wow! Congratulations to you and your wife! That’s such happy news- I was thinking about your case today. I can’t imagine how relieved and happy you both must be!

Wishing you both the best with your lives together here in the UK!

And on such a happy day you still find the time to allay my fears- that’s so kind of you. Thank you very much.

I can only pray that soon I’ll be able to share the same news with you.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nsh
Ah wow! Congratulations to you and your wife! That’s such happy news- I was thinking about your case today. I can’t imagine how relieved and happy you both must be!

Wishing you both the best with your lives together here in the UK!

And on such a happy day you still find the time to allay my fears- that’s so kind of you. Thank you very much.

I can only pray that soon I’ll be able to share the same news with you.
Thank you so much. Really appreciate your kind wishes and wish the same for you and your husband. I'm only happy to help the same way others have helped me and kept me sane through this whole process. I'll definitely keep visiting this site to help whenever I can.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
I cannot answer most of your questions other than 6. YES each month has to be £1550 or above. They take the lowest month x 12 to give the annual amount. The thinking is if you have one month below the minimum required, you may well have others this low but not shown in the last 6 months statements. I don't think overtime is counted unless it is in your contract that you do overtime on a regular, fixed basis. Again, this is because overtime is not guaranteed income.
That is completely incorrect.

I have a copy of the Immigration Directorate Instruction on the financial requirements that is issued to ECO's upon which they must base their decision.

Here is the part that addresses the question;

Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).

To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used:

(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.
An example is given for the ECO to consult, I have quoted it below;

Example (c) The applicant’s partner is in non-salaried employment in the UK. He works on a weekly rota basis and does not receive any paid holidays. He has earned £450 each week in the same job for the last 7 calendar months, except for the week prior to the date of application when he earned £150 owing to a holiday.

Non-salaried income = (gross earnings from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by 6) x 12 = ((25 weeks x 450 + 1 week x 150) ÷ 6) x 12 = (11,400 ÷ 6) x 12 = £22,800

So the financial requirement is met through Category A non-salaried employment.
With regards to overtime, that is no problem, it can all be included. Details below;

Overtime, payments to cover travel time (e.g. for a care worker travelling between appointments), commission-based pay and bonuses (which can include tips and gratuities paid via a tronc scheme registered with HMRC) will be counted as income from employment where they have been received in the relevant period(s) prior to the date of application. Sometimes the person will receive the same amount of income from overtime each month; sometimes overtime payments will vary, with different amounts (if any) each month. All overtime in salaried employment will be calculated based on the approach to income from non-salaried employment. This will be an annualised 6-month average for the overtime which will be added to the level of the gross annual salary.
Old Dec 10th 2017, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

intheuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nsh, how did it go?
Old Dec 15th 2017, 7:47 pm
Nsh
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by intheuk
Hi Nsh, how did it go?
Hi. I submitted the online application on Dec 4th, my husband had his biometrics on the 6th, documents were received on the 11th and I’ve had all the documents returned to me today.

Now just have to wait and see... every time I think about it, that sick naseous feeling just starts!
Old Jan 5th 2018, 3:54 pm
Nsh
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on my application.

I travelled to visit my husband on the 26th December and on the 28th the Home Office phoned the employer of my part time job. The conversation lasted for about 40 minutes and my employer informed them that I am currently on holiday for 3 weeks.

I have left my roaming on but haven’t received a phone call from the Home Office as of yet. A bit worried because I have noticed that if they call the employer they also call the sponsor at more or less the same time if not on the same day?
Old Jan 5th 2018, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Bobjon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nsh
Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on my application.

I travelled to visit my husband on the 26th December and on the 28th the Home Office phoned the employer of my part time job. The conversation lasted for about 40 minutes and my employer informed them that I am currently on holiday for 3 weeks.

I have left my roaming on but haven’t received a phone call from the Home Office as of yet. A bit worried because I have noticed that if they call the employer they also call the sponsor at more or less the same time if not on the same day?
Did she say what questions they asked?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.