VISA4UK Question!!

Old Jan 29th 2018, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

MaddiGibbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default VISA4UK Question!!

Hi everyone,
So my husband and I have committed to the idea of returning to the UK.

He will have to apply Online for his UK Spousal visa when he returns to the USA (he will be in the UK with me for six months looking after our son whilst I go to to work and fulfill the financial reuqirements for the visa)

My question is specifically are about the VISA4UK website form

How easy is the visa application Online?
Is it straightforward?
Do you have to write essays or just tick boxes for yes/no questions?
What information do you have to give?
How long does it take?
How easy is it to book a biometrics appointment after it?

My husband is going to take all our paperwork with him to the appointment (marriage certificate, income proof, proof of accommodation, proof of relationship, etc etc.), post it to Sheffield, and then we wait.

What are you experiences?

THANK YOU! <3

Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: VISA4UK Question!!

It seems it will be some time before you apply and you can probably benefit from reading the forums and also asking questions like you are asking now. I presume you have read all the guidelines on how to meet the requirements, financial, accommodation and relationship. The form itself is, in fact, quite straightforward. However, when completing it, you can log in and out and can always ask for guidance on this forum. It is mostly a tick box exercise as well as completing sections on the applicant's family details and the sponsors details.

It took us a few hours to complete as you do have include details of travel etc. As to biometrics, I think it will depend on in which country you are applying.

Don’t forget there is also Appendix 2 to complete. That gives more detail of how you will meet the requirements. As that is not online, you can look at it at any time so that you are ready to fill in the information when you are easy to apply.

Things to keep in mind are that all documents should be originals unless certified, or, in the case of bank statements, stamped by the bank or with a letter from the bank verifying all your details. Also, financial documents can rot be any older than 28 days when applying. It is a good idea to have all your supporting documents ready when you apply so that they can be sent off within the time limit soon after you have given biometrics.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

It's the VAF4A from.

If you Google the form you can look at the PDF version of it.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

SDG, is it still available in pdf form? I cannot find it and I read recently it had been removed.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 3:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The online application form is the simplest part of the process. It's Appendix 2 and the associated documents to demonstrate you meet the financial requirements which can trip you up. If you want to have a look at the online application form then simply register an account and start filling it in. It won't cause you any problems so long as you don't submit it.