Visa Success, Japanese fiancee

Old Sep 13th 2014, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

RiverCity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Success, Japanese fiancee

Hi everyone, I used these forums earlier in the year when we were working on our visa application for my fiancee to come to the UK for us to marry and today we found out we have been successful

One thing though we also found out the same day that due to personal issues that my fiancee can't come to the UK until 2 months later than the date we chose the visa to start, I am worried and was wondering if this affects us in any way apart from just having less time than the 6 months the visa last for. Once a visa is granted can you travel any time to the UK on it or does it have to be on or around the date it starts.

Its been a stressful year getting this all ready, Thanks for all the advice and help you have all given, Its nice to hear from people who have been though this before.

Also anyone else reading whos about to apply for a visa and want to know what we did please ask and I hope I can be of help too
Old Sep 14th 2014, 2:26 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Success, Japanese fiancee

I think that's the least of your worries dude, (congrazt!) - When you face spouse visa time... then you really need to think on what to do!
Old Sep 17th 2014, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Foffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RiverCity
Hi everyone, I used these forums earlier in the year when we were working on our visa application for my fiancee to come to the UK for us to marry and today we found out we have been successful

One thing though we also found out the same day that due to personal issues that my fiancee can't come to the UK until 2 months later than the date we chose the visa to start, I am worried and was wondering if this affects us in any way apart from just having less time than the 6 months the visa last for. Once a visa is granted can you travel any time to the UK on it or does it have to be on or around the date it starts.

Its been a stressful year getting this all ready, Thanks for all the advice and help you have all given, Its nice to hear from people who have been though this before.

Also anyone else reading whos about to apply for a visa and want to know what we did please ask and I hope I can be of help too
Hello,
yes I do have a question. You applied from Japan I guess and your application went to Manila right? I would like to know how much time it took to get your visa and if you paid for priority service.
Thank you
Vivien
Old Sep 17th 2014, 11:51 am
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RiverCity
Congratulations on successfully obtaining the fiancée visa, RiverCity!

Your fiancée can enter the UK any time within the 6 month validity period of the visa. Just be aware that the wedding should also take place before the visa's end date--if she's not your spouse by that date, she'll have to leave the UK. As soon as she IS your spouse, she should make the in-country application for the full spouse visa.

Last edited by WEBlue; Sep 17th 2014 at 12:02 pm.