Visa application submission date

Old Apr 20th 2018, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

PhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond reputePhilFromTheFuture has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa application submission date

Hello everyone,

Today I submitted the application for our UK Spouse visa. I think I may have done something stupid!

My 6th payslip and bank statement will be produced next week - so the date of those documents will be a date after the visa submission date. Is this an issue?

I have set the date of the biometrics appointment to the 2nd May - so I don't thin there's an issue there.

Also, in the visa application form, we used my wife's married name. On her Algerian passport, it has her maiden name but also "Spouse of" name. Is it a problem if both names are used in different places in the application? I.e. in some documents the maiden name has been used, in others the married name. Can I add a section in the cover note to explain the differences? Can you see this being a problem?

Thanks for any help.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 3:09 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa application submission date

Not an issue; just provide one more previous payslip/bank statement to the ones you will receive to ensure the entire six month period is covered.

Some passports, particularly those of former French colonies, will follow this style. Your ECO should be familiar with it. For future reference you should use whichever surname appears on the machine readable zone when asked for your wife's surname as it appears on her passport.