US to the UK with my active duty hubby

Old Jan 18th 2018, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

MelM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US to the UK with my active duty hubby

I'm new to this forum thing but I had some questions about moving abroad. Me and my (almost) husband meet while his was stationed in America in the RAF. While here we feel in love and are about to get married. He is getting stationed back in the UK pretty soon and I of course want to follow him. I would love any and all advice. Thanks!!
Old Jan 18th 2018, 9:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US to the UK with my active duty hubby

This post should be moved to the UK section - Spouse visa etc. as it is asking about moving to the UK with new UK husband.
Old Jan 18th 2018, 9:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
This post should be moved to the UK section - Spouse visa etc. as it is asking about moving to the UK with new UK husband.
Consider it done......
Old Jan 18th 2018, 9:33 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MelM
I'm new to this forum thing but I had some questions about moving abroad. Me and my (almost) husband meet while his was stationed in America in the RAF. While here we feel in love and are about to get married. He is getting stationed back in the UK pretty soon and I of course want to follow him. I would love any and all advice. Thanks!!
I believe if you google for a forum called UK-Yankee you will find the help you need. It caters to folks headed in the opposite direction to this one. Good luck!
Old Jan 18th 2018, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Consider it done......
Many thanks.
Old Jan 18th 2018, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

To answer the OP's question.

Your husband will need to sponsor you for a settlement visa - join family in the UK.

As he is in the military I presume he is making the 18,600 GBP necessary to fulfill the financial requirements.

Read the following website carefully to see what you need to provide for financial, relationship and accommodation requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

Read the following document carefully to see what documentation you need to prove income:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf
Old Jan 18th 2018, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Read the following website carefully to see what you need to provide for financial, relationship and accommodation requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

Read the following document carefully to see what documentation you need to prove income:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf
Also, https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...x-armed-forces