US Spouse, UK Move, uncertainty on Green Card

Old Nov 5th 2017, 5:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Spouse, UK Move, uncertainty on Green Card

Originally Posted by TimG
USCIS ASC Manhattan Application Support Center
201 Varick St.
New York
New York
10014-4811
Okay, so you'll need to post your wife's application to Sheffield once she has submitted her biometrics. That's why she hasn't been requested to bring anything else with her.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

TimG is an unknown quantity at this point

Aha, ok, is that standard practice?

Also, I understand the process takes 12 weeks (approx) does that mean from the date the application is received in Sheffield or the date we submitted the online form? I very much hope the latter or we're in danger of missing an end of Feb move. I see there is mention of a one day process that costs more, which we'd consider if we have to, but it wasn't listed on the online application.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 11:41 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Aha, ok, is that standard practice?

Also, I understand the process takes 12 weeks (approx) does that mean from the date the application is received in Sheffield or the date we submitted the online form? I very much hope the latter or we're in danger of missing an end of Feb move. I see there is mention of a one day process that costs more, which we'd consider if we have to, but it wasn't listed on the online application.
For applications made from the US, yes.

My understanding is it from the date your biometrics are given providing you post your supporting documents promptly afterwards but don't quote me on that.

Same day processing is only available for applications made within the UK. There is a priority service option which moves your application to the front of the queue for processing which you may wish to consider if time is of the essence.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Understood thank you, and I presume I can apply for the priority service option when i submit the documents?
Old Nov 8th 2017, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Quick follow up question, does anyone have a link to the policy guidance notes from the home office that detail the relevant evidence needed to prove we meet the financial requirements?

I am reluctantly about to pay a lawyer for help, as they seem to think we're in danger of not having the documents we need for our 4th December biometrics appointment. Could be overly dramatic but given timings are tight and the information not readily available on the official site, I guess it's the safe option.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The financial requirements and documentation guide:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

Further details as to what is required for financial requirements documentation:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence

What is is that you think you cannot produce?
Old Nov 8th 2017, 8:28 pm

Understood thank you, and I presume I can apply for the priority service option when i submit the documents?
No, you should pay online before you post off your supporting documents. Instructions are here.

Quick follow up question, does anyone have a link to the policy guidance notes from the home office that detail the relevant evidence needed to prove we meet the financial requirements?

I am reluctantly about to pay a lawyer for help, as they seem to think we're in danger of not having the documents we need for our 4th December biometrics appointment. Could be overly dramatic but given timings are tight and the information not readily available on the official site, I guess it's the safe option.
SanDiegogirl has provided you with the relevant links. I understood you were meeting the financial requirements through savings.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you both and that is correct, I have the savings so it appears all I will need is bank statements showing I've held the funds for 6 months +, which seems rather straightforward.

Re the expedited application process, it seems I have messed this up already, as I would happily have paid extra but did not see an option to do this at the time, which is odd as I was looking for one.

It seems from the link BritinParis posted that there is a 'super priority and premium service' available in NYC, but that it happens through a different channel/at a different location. I am now wondering if I should withdraw my application and use that channel instead?

One other point - I notice that they require my wife to send in her passport along with the application, which is something I should have considered. So...I assume that means going back to the UK for Xmas will be impossible (we bought flights months ago).
Old Nov 8th 2017, 9:37 pm

Thank you both and that is correct, I have the savings so it appears all I will need is bank statements showing I've held the funds for 6 months +, which seems rather straightforward.

Re the expedited application process, it seems I have messed this up already, as I would happily have paid extra but did not see an option to do this at the time, which is odd as I was looking for one.
As per the instructions you pay via the VFS website after you pay for your application but before you post it off to Sheffield.

It seems from the link BritinParis posted that there is a 'super priority and premium service' available in NYC, but that it happens through a different channel/at a different location. I am now wondering if I should withdraw my application and use that channel instead?
That's only available for applications processed in New York, i.e. non-settlement applications. The priority service is the only one available to you.

One other point - I notice that they require my wife to send in her passport along with the application, which is something I should have considered. So...I assume that means going back to the UK for Xmas will be impossible (we bought flights months ago).
Unless she has another passport, yes.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Me again, it also seems that as per the same link I can still fast track the process after the biometrics as it only states 'you must pay for the priority visa service online on the VFS Global website before you post your application' which would happen after the biometrics? See below..

4. Priority visa service
This is an optional service where you can pay an extra fee to fast track your application and have your visa application processed ahead of non priority applications.

You must pay for the priority visa service online on the VFS Global website before you post your application. The VFS ‘User pay services’ page contains further information on how to apply, the fee and how to pay for this service.

You should print off the receipt and include it with your application when you post it to one of the addresses above, writing the words ‘priority service’ in large black print on the outer envelope.

You cannot purchase the priority service at the ASC.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
As per the instructions you pay via the VFS website after you pay for your application but before you post it off to Sheffield.

That's only available for applications processed in New York, i.e. non-settlement applications. The priority service is the only one available to you.

Unless she has another passport, yes.
ok, very helpful thanks, so I can still do the priority service (the option 4 that I posted above) but not the one day service.

I am still unsure whether I need to pay a lawyer then to be honest, as that seems pretty clear. Complete Appendix 2, take that + application + passports to biometric appointment, after which I pay extra via the VFS website and send it all to Sheffield. Right?
Old Nov 8th 2017, 9:51 pm

ok, very helpful thanks, so I can still do the priority service (the option 4 that I posted above) but not the one day service.

I am still unsure whether I need to pay a lawyer then to be honest, as that seems pretty clear. Complete Appendix 2, take that + application + passports to biometric appointment, after which I pay extra via the VFS website and send it all to Sheffield. Right?
Plus all the other supporting documents, yep.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Plus all the other supporting documents, yep.
Yes, sorry, which (unless i'm reading it wrong) is simply 6 months of bank statements showing I have the cash.
Old Nov 8th 2017, 10:21 pm

Yes, sorry, which (unless i'm reading it wrong) is simply 6 months of bank statements showing I have the cash.
Plus birth certificates, marriage certificate, relationship documents, accommodation documents, etc.. Take a look in this section. Several posters have put up lists to give you an idea.
Old Dec 24th 2017, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

A final big thank you for all the help with this application. All was submitted for priority processing a few weeks ago, so now we wait and cross our fingers.