Is out there any case of "lost documents" by UKVI

Old Nov 15th 2017, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

tempestadesm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is out there any case of "lost documents" by UKVI

Hello,

I called UKVI yesterday and was told they don't know why my passport was not sent to me and my case was escalated AGAIN.

I was informed on October 23rd that a decision was made.

At the same day I started tracking my waybill and there was no movement.

First time round they said it take few days for them to send if off to you.
Second time they said it would take 10 working days.
Now they said my case has been escalated and I have to wait for 20 working days for them to find out what has happened.

7 months visa experience and counting.
Utterly disgraceful!
Old Dec 23rd 2017, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

ash8387 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is out there any case of "lost documents" by UKVI

Originally Posted by tempestadesm
Hello,

I called UKVI yesterday and was told they don't know why my passport was not sent to me and my case was escalated AGAIN.

I was informed on October 23rd that a decision was made.

At the same day I started tracking my waybill and there was no movement.

First time round they said it take few days for them to send if off to you.
Second time they said it would take 10 working days.
Now they said my case has been escalated and I have to wait for 20 working days for them to find out what has happened.

7 months visa experience and counting.
Utterly disgraceful!
Hi, firstly, hope you got your documents eventually? What was the reason for the delay, were they actually lost?

I have a similar situation where I am waiting for my documents and decision. The decision was made on 30 November and was told that I will hear by 14th December 2017 but then I heard nothing. I escalated and they gave me a standard email saying the timelines are 12 weeks blah blah not really telling me what is the delay for the decision to come back to me as of 23 December 2017 (23 days after decision made) and mine is a priority settlement application.
Old Dec 24th 2017, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

tempestadesm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ash8387
Hi, firstly, hope you got your documents eventually? What was the reason for the delay, were they actually lost?

I have a similar situation where I am waiting for my documents and decision. The decision was made on 30 November and was told that I will hear by 14th December 2017 but then I heard nothing. I escalated and they gave me a standard email saying the timelines are 12 weeks blah blah not really telling me what is the delay for the decision to come back to me as of 23 December 2017 (23 days after decision made) and mine is a priority settlement application.
Hello,

What I did after that was contacting the agency who do the intermediary work. In my case, VFS.

They were very helpful and informed me try already had my passport with them and were doing all their bit of the job and preparing it to get it dispatched to me.

It was an extremely frustrating period, as I understand yours must be as well.

UKVI has no idea whatsoever of what they do and do not have any standard.

I am back home now after waiting for over 7 months. Wishing you the best outcome.
Old Dec 24th 2017, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

ash8387 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tempestadesm
Hello,

What I did after that was contacting the agency who do the intermediary work. In my case, VFS.

They were very helpful and informed me try already had my passport with them and were doing all their bit of the job and preparing it to get it dispatched to me.

It was an extremely frustrating period, as I understand yours must be as well.

UKVI has no idea whatsoever of what they do and do not have any standard.

I am back home now after waiting for over 7 months. Wishing you the best outcome.
Glad you got it eventually! Thanks for the response.