UKF Processing Times and Recourse

Old Jan 16th 2018, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

addillon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UKF Processing Times and Recourse

Hello,

I'm currently living and working in the UK on Tier 5 youth mobility visa (Australian citizen) which expires on the 2/4/18.
I have applied for UK citizenship (form UKF) from within the UK using the Nationality Checking Service 13/9/17 and received email confirmation from UK Visas & Immigration that my application was received 20/9/17. Despite having to provide biometrics for my Tier 5 visa I was required to re-enrol my biometrics which was completed 26/9/17.

I’m trying to stay optimistic however with the advised processing time of up to 6 months falling towards the end of March this doesn’t leave me with a lot of flexibility.

Is anyone able to advise on any of the following:
  • Indication on current processing times for applications.
  • Possibility of contacting UK Visas & Immigration to get any update on my application.
  • Legality of staying in the UK until a decision is made on my application.
  • Will I receive an email from UK Visas & Immigration once a decision is made or should I keep holding my breath every day I check for mail on my doorstep?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 17th 2018, 12:19 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UKF Processing Times and Recourse

- Very roughly; 3-4 months, but it can vary wildly.
- AFAIK they won't give any response but the standard words before the end of the six month service standard. You use to be able to track your application's progress online but that service was discontinued last month.
- If you had applied for a visa then you can stay on until a decision is made. Since you have applied for citizenship instead then this is a more of a grey area.
- You should receive a letter in the post with the decision but I would keep an eye on your email in case they contact you for more information.

If it's tight at the end then you may need to be prepared to fork out for a private citizenship ceremony if the next public one isn't until after your visa expires.