UK visa spouse requirements - HELP

Old Feb 5th 2014, 1:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK visa spouse requirements - HELP

[QUOTE=alfista1;11113238]

Also a doubt.
3.1.2 states the savings and income can come from the applicant, partner or jointly.
Does that mean we can sum the incomes of both of us?

This is a very ambiguous clause. You cannot use your wife's current employment income in Uruguay nor any potential income from work she might get in the UK. Only YOUR current and future employment income is taken into account since you are applying from overseas.

You CAN use savings/investments which are held by your wife alone/jointly or by you alone.

See page 19 of the Immigration Directorate Instructions to see an example of different types of income which can be used to qualify:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary
Old Feb 5th 2014, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a letter from a company offering you a position and you are granted the visa what happens if when you arrive you do not take up that job?
Do they follow up?

Also in regards to redundancy payout does this also need to be in account for six months if you intend to use it to supplement your income threshold?
Old Feb 5th 2014, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfista1
If you have a letter from a company offering you a position and you are granted the visa what happens if when you arrive you do not take up that job?
Do they follow up?

Also in regards to redundancy payout does this also need to be in account for six months if you intend to use it to supplement your income threshold?

Hi expats,

can anyone answer my first question?
do immigration follow up if you started the job that was officially offered when the visa was applied for?
Old Feb 5th 2014, 11:04 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi expats,

do immigration follow up if you started the job that was officially offered when the visa was applied for?
I doubt it but it's probably not advisable to try it if you're looking to apply for Further Leave to Remain in two and a half year's time.
Old Feb 5th 2014, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I doubt it but it's probably not advisable to try it if you're looking to apply for Further Leave to Remain in two and a half year's time.
valid point

but maybe if you go on to work somewhere else immediately still earning more than 18600 wouldn't this fulfill their requirements?
Old Feb 13th 2014, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry I have another doubt.

If in the case I cannot secure myself a job before applying
but we have made more than 18,600 in the last 6 months

can we use the previous 6 months of employment combined with the savings??

I mean lets say I have 55,000 GBP now and I have made 18,600 in the last 6 months is the savings amount reduced?

Thanks
Old Feb 13th 2014, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I have another doubt.

If in the case I cannot secure myself a job before applying
but we have made more than 18,600 in the last 6 months

can we use the previous 6 months of employment combined with the savings??

I mean lets say I have 55,000 GBP now and I have made 18,600 in the last 6 months is the savings amount reduced?

Thanks
Read 5.2.1 of the following document.

If you have been working overseas for at least 6 months you can use this employment to fulfill financial requirements if you are also starting a job in the UK within 3 months of your return. You can use savings to make up any shortfall if the jobs do not earn 18,600 per annum.

What you cannot do is use the 6 months earnings prior to the move if you don't have a job to go to in the UK in order to reduce the amount you need in savings to fulfill financial requirements.

If you don't have a job to go to and you are depending on savings you need the full 62,500.

So the simple answer to your question is unfortunately, no.

Old Feb 13th 2014, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi expats,

There have been cases, especially from applicants from the Indian continent, that UKBA has checked that the job offer is genuine.

There is nothing stopping you from taking a job and leaving within the first month if something better comes along.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Read 5.2.1 of the following document.

If you have been working overseas for at least 6 months you can use this employment to fulfill financial requirements if you are also starting a job in the UK within 3 months of your return. You can use savings to make up any shortfall if the jobs do not earn 18,600 per annum.

What you cannot do is use the 6 months earnings prior to the move if you don't have a job to go to in the UK in order to reduce the amount you need in savings to fulfill financial requirements.

If you don't have a job to go to and you are depending on savings you need the full 62,500.

So the simple answer to your question is unfortunately, no.

Thanks!

not so easy to find a well paid job from 7000miles away. highly likely I will not be able to use this route.
We're close to the savings route though but will need to sit on it for 6 months while living on almost nothing!
Old Feb 14th 2014, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

I assume it's ok for me as the British husband to travel ahead to the uk first after my spouse gets her visa.
She won't have any issues travelling alone a few weeks later with the visa in hand, will she?

I need to sort out permanent accommodation.
Initially I will stay at my parents house.
Old Feb 15th 2014, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

On the road again is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You've just said you've lost your job and there is not much of a future wherever you currently are. So why would you not sell your overseas property in order to qualify for moving your non EU wife to the UK?

Also, in the big scheme of things is getting a job and being apart for 6 months so bad! Marriage is usually an awfully long time, so a few months apart won't kill you.

f
That should be an easy one for anyone that is keeping pace with what's going on with the world... The property market is at it's most depressed. Selling know would mean a massive loss on potential... If he/she waits about 5 or so years their property could be worth another 100,000...
Old Feb 15th 2014, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by On the road again
That should be an easy one for anyone that is keeping pace with what's going on with the world... The property market is at it's most depressed. Selling know would mean a massive loss on potential... If he/she waits about 5 or so years their property could be worth another 100,000...
And in the meantime we will receive a good rent from it to pay rent or even a mortgage in the UK on a second property.
Old Feb 17th 2014, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

not so easy to find a well paid job from 7000miles away. highly likely I will not be able to use this route.
We're close to the savings route though but will need to sit on it for 6 months while living on almost nothing!
If you can showthat the money has been yours for 6 months then you should be able to avoid "sitting on it" and apply straight away
Old Feb 17th 2014, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by englishguygoinghome
If you can showthat the money has been yours for 6 months then you should be able to avoid "sitting on it" and apply straight away
I'm afraid not.
We have just both been laid off and received a good severance pay therefore have just received the money. Still a tad short but the car is on sale so I expect one month more and we'll reach the amount.
Old Feb 17th 2014, 4:58 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid not.
We have just both been laid off and received a good severance pay therefore have just received the money. Still a tad short but the car is on sale so I expect one month more and we'll reach the amount.
I see over this thread you have been supplied over many posts diverse and hopefully
relevant advice.
I havent seen however any lead from you what type of work you and your dearly beloved, are interested in doing, as first or second choices.Nobody here can promise
you anything but may have some good pointers or knowledge of potential areas, for
your choice of work.
Not being nosey, just trying to help..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.