UK visa spouse requirements - HELP

Old Mar 16th 2014, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK visa spouse requirements - HELP

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ndix_FM_SE.pdf

(You should be familiarising yourself with this entire document, btw) but:

10. In respect of non employment income all the following evidence, in relation to the form of income relied upon, must be provided:
(a) To evidence property rental income:
(i) Confirmation that the person or the person and their partner jointly own the
property for which the rental income is received, through:
(1) A copy of the title deeds of the property or of the title register from the
Land Registry (or overseas equivalent);
or
(2) A mortgage statement.
(ii) personal bank statements for the 12month period prior to the date of
application showing the rental income was paid into an account in the name of the
person or of the person and their partner jointly.
(iii) A rental agreement or contract.
Thanks for the link. I have saved a copy on my local.

so according to this (10 (2) (ii)) we need to show rental income for the last 12 months?
I would also need to get the documents changes to show both our names.
Worse than the 6 months savings route.
Old Mar 16th 2014, 9:46 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Don't just save the document.

Read it.
Old Mar 31st 2014, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

Will I have any issues with the application if I transfer my USD to GBP(barclays), wait six months, and then show the bank statements from Barclays?

It will show almost 90,000 USD transferred in one lump then fixed for the six months.

I mean will it look suspicious?
It's all our money (no loans) from an overseas bank but we want to have it in GBP for the savings route.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I don't to see this will be a problem as you have declare the source of your savings anyway. So you would set out how you accumulated the funds in your declaration.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by michali
I don't to see this will be a problem as you have declare the source of your savings anyway. So you would set out how you accumulated the funds in your declaration.
How do we declare the sources?
Mix of wedding gifts, two redundancy payments, sale of household items and some savings.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen on other forums that bank statements showing money going in, letters from donors to confirm funds are a gift rather than a loan, information like that should be included. The requirements only say that both the sponsor and applicant should declare the source of savings and that is what we did as ours were solely from salary going back many years. Mind you, we do not have our visa yet so who knows if that is enough!
Old Apr 1st 2014, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by michali
I have seen on other forums that bank statements showing money going in, letters from donors to confirm funds are a gift rather than a loan, information like that should be included. The requirements only say that both the sponsor and applicant should declare the source of savings and that is what we did as ours were solely from salary going back many years. Mind you, we do not have our visa yet so who knows if that is enough!
Rather difficult to declare all.
Savings from work over many years. That is not a source.
Marriage gifts in the form of cash. I can't provide evidence of that.

Maybe our payslips declaring our severance pay but thats about it.
Hope this won't be an issue.
We're still trying to sell possessions to reach the goal.
Old May 26th 2014, 7:23 am
Just Joined

marcUK is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this thread is a little old but I'm in a similar situation. I've been living in China for the past 8 years and I'm planning to move my wife and 2 children back to the UK in the next year. I want my children to go to school in the UK. My 2 children have British passports and my wife has Chinese nationality. Do these strict immigration rules still apply if you have 2 children of British nationality? I'm new to this site so I wonder if anyone can offer any advice.
Old May 26th 2014, 7:32 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcUK
I know this thread is a little old but I'm in a similar situation. I've been living in China for the past 8 years and I'm planning to move my wife and 2 children back to the UK in the next year. I want my children to go to school in the UK. My 2 children have British passports and my wife has Chinese nationality. Do these strict immigration rules still apply if you have 2 children of British nationality? I'm new to this site so I wonder if anyone can offer any advice.
Yes, I'm afraid having UK citizen children will make no difference, except that you will only have to show the requirement to support your wife, so the £18,600 would apply.
Old May 26th 2014, 7:37 am
Just Joined

marcUK is an unknown quantity at this point

mikelincs thanks for your speedy reply to my post. So, I would have to find a job with a salary of at least 18,600 prior to moving family back to UK? Is that after income tax etc deductions?
Old May 26th 2014, 10:57 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

mikelincs thanks for your speedy reply to my post. So, I would have to find a job with a salary of at least 18,600 prior to moving family back to UK? Is that after income tax etc deductions?
Not too sure whether it's gross or not, but I suspect it's before deductions. It's that, or saving of about £62,500 I'm afraid. There is currenlty legal efforts to reduce the required limit, but the government, which has lost all the cases so far, is appealing them, so still some time to wait. The only other way is the Surinder Singh route, see here..

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Surinder_Singh
Old May 26th 2014, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

OdysseusLite has a reputation beyond reputeOdysseusLite has a reputation beyond reputeOdysseusLite has a reputation beyond reputeOdysseusLite has a reputation beyond reputeOdysseusLite has a reputation beyond reputeOdysseusLite has a reputation beyond reputeOdysseusLite has a reputation beyond reputeOdysseusLite has a reputation beyond reputeOdysseusLite has a reputation beyond reputeOdysseusLite has a reputation beyond reputeOdysseusLite has a reputation beyond repute

Pre-tax income is okay, BUT you have to have been earning that for 6 months prior to entering UK and you must also have a firm job offer in UK paying at least that much. Alternatively, you can go alone to the UK and work at a job paying 18,600 for 6 months before your foreign spouse is allowed to join you. There is also a savings alternative. If you have 62,000 pounds in savings, you don’t need the income. Or you can combine income and savings based on a formula.

You can find more info at this link:

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family

When you’ve read that, click on “eligibility”. Halfway down the page, there is a link for guidance on the financial requirement. It actually takes you to a page of irrelevant publications but halfway down that page is a publication on financial requirements.